 Fun / 789
Re: Building experience with a non-AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
So there you have it... anyone else want to share their stories of attempts
in building with a non-AFOL?  Just for amusement value anyway ;)

My dad isn't really a LEGO addict, even though he acknowledges it as the
best toy available. Ever since I was a kid I tried to get him to build stuff
with me, often with appalling results :-/
However, persistence payed off: last April, we both took a try at building a
technic bridge. I had a prototype ready, but couldn't seem to make it work
properly... then I went out of the room for a snack, and when I came back my
dad had figured out a way to place the counterweight on the bridge,
effectively solving the problem. Then he got carried away... and by
dinnertime we had a working bridge! :-)

This has been my first (and only) success in converting someone to "the
gospel of LEGO"... and now I'm attempting to organize a build-marathon for
some NLFs of mine. Who knows, this may turn out to be a great way of
starting a new LUG! :-P

Pedro