 Fun / 310
Re: Come on, be honest. Do you slip LEGO into the shopping cart?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:06:54 GMT

Hi, my name is Evil Wayne, and I'm a brickaholic.

Yes! I made my wife a promise last month that I wouldn't buy any Lego sets
until after the new year. Guess what? I think I've manage to buy a small set
or two EVERY WEEK!

Oh, I have a problem all right.

I even bought the Alien Avenger set because I found it at KB and
rationalized that there's no way anyone's going to get that for me. It's
been sitting, hidden under our bed for the last two weeks. Unopened! Am I
insane?!?

At night, I can hear it's insidious click-clack of bricks, taunting me.
Telling the world of my ludicrous crimes!

Ah.. AHH! AHHHH!

And I still have more Christmas shopping to do!

Evil Wayne

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.fun, Aaron West writes:
I have a confession to make, and I was wondering how many of you do this also.

I, being addicted to ABS LEGO have a habit of curbing my shopping to stores
that sell my drug.  I get everything I am *supposed* to get and then (if I
have enough room to spend) I meander over to the LEGO department and select
either a set I don't have under $10.00 or buy a "parts" set under said
value.  Who else slips LEGO into the shopping cart?

Polybags and $2.99 thru $6.99 sets of good parts are my favorites.  I like
'em.  I like 'em even better with the new 2001 "parts sets" now out.
It makes grocery and household supply runs lots more fun.
Aaron (not yet a recovering brick-aholic)
:o)