 Fun / 144
143  |  145
Subject:
Seven Continents of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:33:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,
Just the other day in one of my more productive moments at work I came up with
an IDEA.  What if you had to pick one Large LEGO set to represent each
continent?  Even better would be if LEGO ran a promotion and sold them as a
collecter's series together (like those recent Star Wars Value Packs)?  Dream
on...
Anyhow here is the list I came up with (others may disagree, please add your
own ideas!):
1.  North America--6769 Fort Legoredo.
2.  South America--6277 Imperial Trading Post.
3.  Antarctica--6575 Polar Base.
4.  Africa--5988 Pharoah's Forbidden Ruins.
5.  Asia--6093 Flying Ninja's Fortress.
6.  Europe--6090 Royal Knight's Castle.
7.  Australia--6543 Sail And Fly Marina.

Honorary Sunken Continent Of Atlantis:  6195 Neptune Discovery Lab.

And 'cause we GOTTA go to the Moon:  6990 Futron Monorail Transport System!

I chose the sets for this list that I feel represent a collective cultural
image for each site, and these are some of the best sets anywho.  Some may not
be politically correct, but I think a common theme here is conquering the
continent through arms or exploration (when in history did they NOT go
together.  So, how does 6543 fit?  Conquering through engineering and sport, I
think.  Well, what do you think?  Can we make some kind of petition for LEGO
to make us these sets (the discontinued ones anyway)?  Do you think elephants
can fly?
Best wishes,
Aaron