 Fun / 1425
Darkageinosis: Research for a Cure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:46:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After suffering from increased symptoms of Dimageanomia for over a year, I am now fearful that recent tests will read positive that my condition has deteriorated into Darkageinosis. This fearful and frightening disease occurs when bacteria of the genus reallifeiscahcah attacks the body’s natural anti-body system (“ABS”). Symptoms include chills, dizziness, drymouth, lethargy, writer’s block, and newsgroup password amnesia. Severe cases may develop neurotic behavior ranging from crying whenever passing a toy store window to manic outbursts of trying to stack and connect everyday office supplies into imaginary spaceships and castles. One medical journal reports an extreme case where the patient, when disturbed during one such outburst, ran through a crowded appliance store screaming “I’m Danish!” repeatedly for two hours. ...So naturally I’m concerned.

...Hey! I just had an idea. What if we started a “Darkageinosis Treatment Program”? The idea would be this: When an AFOL is in a Dark Age and has a jonesing for some yellow smiley faces, he posts a request for aid. In return a bunch of willing and able AFOLs mail him some minifigures to give him hugs and support. If five or six people sent one fig each, that would be enough to get started. Then, if and when his Dark Age ends, the recovered patient can then mail the minifigs on to another victim of Darkageinosis. We might even allow exchanges, such as allowing a patient to keep one minifig from the lot in exchange for him adding two of his own into it.

Granted, I have a vested interest as my Dim Age is becoming a Dark one currently. But earlier this week I had a yearning to have some minifigs to look at but could take no action to correct it. So I just had to post this thought. If there’s any honest interest, you can email me for where to send the figs. :)

• Hendo