 Fun / 1221
1220  |  1222
Subject:
Halloween Reflections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:50:12 GMT

     So instead of candy this year I decide to pass out minifigs for halloween.
Why you ask?  Am I a dentist?  Did I experience some kind of candy-related
trauma in my youth? No... I just thought it would be coolfor the greedy-pelicans
(my codeword for kids), and I have way too many citizens of questionable
heritage in my population.  Time to cull the legions of blacktron 2, jar-jars,
aquasharks,harry potters and the ubiquitous guys with the truck on their shirt.
     Needless to say, the minifigs were a big hit, and many kids snuck back for
a second score.  There was only a thing trickle of greedy pelicans to begin
with, but word soon spread in my 'hood' like wildfire.  The big loser of the
night was jarjar, even kids it seems, hate him.  The most popular figs to leave
the plastic pumpkin were Harry Potter and Bohemian Luke(he's really Endor-luke
but I think his 'camoflage' looks more like a well-used artists smock).  I can
also report that there was much trading of figs amongst the little sponge-bobs
and spider men.  Two short-bus kids wouldn't take a minifig and wanted to know
where the candy was.  I gave them some cough-drops and sent them on their way.
So if when next halloween comes around, and you find yourself with too many
cops, or Qui Gon Jins, you too can be the hero of
your block.
-Keith