 Fun / 1026
Re: All your typo are belong to us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 04:43:33 GMT

"Suzanne Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message
news:HEHsJz.2F6@lugnet.com...
While visiting lego.com, I sometimes see incorrect words mixed in, here
and there. I think it's kinda cute. But yesterday, I noticed -three-
typos in one product's description alone.

Now I'm beginning to wonder how this happens. Is TLC using OCR to get
catalog text online? is it translation software? a sloppy typist? ...OR,
are they intentionally inserting subliminal messages?! Whatever the case
may be, the third one made me chuckle.

from www.lego.com:

------------------------
Item#:  5724
Gameboy Color
                       Ages:  6+
Price: USD 19.99

Design and build your own stunt racetracks!

LEGO brings you ultimate stint racing with a twist – you design the
stunt course!  [...]  Once your course is complete, hop in and
experience the excitement yourself – but watch our for villainous stunt
racing opponents who shop at nothing to win!

-Suz

Have you ever read the descriptions for the firs Bionicle creatures?
They're all mad-libs:

With _adjective_ _noun_, _name_ are giant _animal_-like creatures.  When
wearing infected masks, they battle the Toa - but if the Toa are victorious,
these beasts can be tamed.   Push levers for _action_ action versus
unexpecting foes.

I'm serious, they're all like that.  The "victorious" stuff doesn't make too
much sense, though.  Victorious against the things, or just victorious in
general?

--
Markham Carroll

BoogaTech Ships & Construction: