 FAQ / 979
Re: Acronym FAQ - FTX version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:53:09 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Joakim Olsson writes:
Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
married ;-)
"WAF"
"Wife Acceptance Factor"

You're joking, right?  That's kinda sexist (IMHO), and an acronym FAQ
should (IMHO) try to document popular accepted usage, not add new things
that haven't reached some critical mass of usage.

Im sorry if it sounded sexistic, it was not my intention.
I really thought it had almost the same (cant find the word) as
"NLF: Non-Lego Friend/Fiancé/Fiancée"
The dislike of Lego vs the impact of the interior design.
Sorry once again.

That's just my opinion -- I think it makes the hobby sound like some kind of
boys' club -- something for men only, which it isn't.  But I may be overly
sensitive.

--Todd