 FAQ / 877 (-10)
  Re: Color chart

Looks good, you seem to have most of the colors there. All you are missing are the transparents, the surface treated stuff, the stuff that is non plastic, the colors that are only used on decorations and not as elements themselves and that silver (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Agreed! The order of the colours are really impressive. Good work. I think the colour chart would be even more useful if you could provide a small example picture of a part for each colour. For "Orange -2", you could have a scanned 1x2 brown (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Color chart

I have a finished rough draft of an element color chart: (URL) to see how much order there can be to what was (to me) seeming like a jumble of new colors. Rather than render each swatch as an image, I used HTML's table background specs for the (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What color is this?

(...) Whoah! that sounds like a challenge. good luck :-) (...) Yes. and that's a tricky one because of things like Fabuland. Some colors were there first. For someone like me, I only see them in catalog pictures (at best). help will be needed for (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What color is this?

(...) Maybe I'll try it over the weekend. I may even do a bit of associated detective work to find the part which is available in the most different colors. I hopefully can get good pictures. I have a slave flash which I have made good use of with (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What color is this?

(...) I've done that at home with Todd. Our issue then was about violet vs purple. Put all the elements on one white plate. But there are many more now. I'd love to work with you if you would do this. I have official names for most colors. Over time (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Sending messages to the RCX from a VC++ program

Hi, We are trying to communicate with our LegoMindstorm robot from Microsoft Visual C++. We have our robot already programmed to respond to messages of values 1,2 and 3 (this has been tested using NQC and the robot responds correctly). But we are (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Re: Please help

Thanks. That worked. Travis (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Please help

(...) Hi Travis, IIRC, you can do so by entering here: (URL) deselecting this group from your subscribtions. HTH! -Shiri XFUT .faq (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.faq)

  Following up oneself (Was: Re: Is LEGO safe in Fish Tanks? (Safe for the fish))

(...) [ie, "sorry to follow myself up] (...) There is on Usenet. I'm not sure exactly where it comes from, but it is bad nettiquette. I *think* it's to prevent one person from keeping a thread alive when no one else cares. At any rate, I have seen (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact