 FAQ / 662 (-20)
  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) Not supposed to be. --Todd (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  The way of the Math Geek (was Re: [faq FAQ How do I format an entry in the Lugnet FAQ?]

(...) I actually believe my main reason for doing it was that I had to create hundreds of pages of HTML, and I didn't trust any of the "HTML authoring tools" to do what I wanted. Basically, I thought other people's tools would have bugs or (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) Oh -- yeah. That ranks as one of my duh's for the day. :-, Thanks both Larry and Matthew. (...) It's not just a good idea -- it's the law. Is Todd now allowing MIME attachments for DAT files in the lugnet.cad.dat.* groups? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  URL characters

(...) Gulp, I made the same mistake in my URL detection code on the web interface here. Just tightened up the set of allowable characters a bit and regression tested...much better now. BTW, I'm consciously going against what W3 says about the ~ (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [faq FAQ How do I format an entry in the Lugnet FAQ?]

(...) Hee hee! COOL! Say, I wonder if math-geeks have a strong natural affinity toward custom tools like that? Why design a special tool and a custom markup when HTML already exists? Answer: Because it's easy, more pleasant to work with for lots of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Er, ah... I mean THIS QUESTION, which deals with Todd's property rights... NOT the ENTIRE FAQ, although that's the way it read to me when I re-read it... (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) prolly. I said intense because it was nuanced, not because there were hard feelings. I DID get a little frustrated at myself because every time I thought I had the nuances grokked and I restated what I thought I understood, I didn't quite have (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) I'd go .publish... Well within that charter. (...) Yes. But in addition to being in the TOS, it's actually stopped by the news server, so it's not just prohibited, it's prevented. (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) Why not lugnet.publish? (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Hey, you almost make it sound like there was some kind of heated discussion/ argument/debate or something. I thought it was all very civilized, with mostly just questions and answers and things. (Were you holding back anger or frustration?? (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) Free Web page FAQqage on .off-topic.geek, maybe? MIME attachment policy is handled in the LUGNET Terms of Service, right? But then, the TOS itself could be a FAQ item... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

Thanks Todd, I get it now. It's good to hear from you since it's your trademark we're talking about (-: I happen to dislike "AFOL" personally because it reminds me of "SMOF", "secret masters of fandom", (which is a card in the Illuminati trading (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Usable HTML tags (Was: 202 FAQ items posted to lugnet.faq)

(...) Nah. Don't worry about it. I'm taking the position that individual FAQ items written or edited by an individual might as well carry some of that individual's stylistic techniques -- "stylistic techniques" to me means things like writing style, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Hmm. That certainly seems to be the most natural pronunciation. But then again, I'd pronounc Lehman "Layman". :) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

(...) Thanks for the help, I'm seriously considering one. Gotta wait for my parents to get home to see what they think before I jump into it. (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

In fact, try here (URL) this be a FAQ, along with why getting a web site is a good thing (compared to trying to post binaries here, which is automatically disallowed by the server, or on RTL, which will get you flamed) ? ) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Boy, that was stupid. I really do wish I could cancel messages. I just realized that there is a "confirmation code", which right now is used when you request having a newsgroup sent to you via email (the page where this happens is (URL) ) So I'll (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Because I remembered it... we had a pretty intense discussion about it at the time, and we respected Todd's wishes. Timeframe was February-March of this year. This post, while neither the start or the beginning of the thread, is a place to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

(...) This is because there aren't any "user accounts" on the server...everything is stored in on the client (just like a newsreader). However, with memberships, we can store all of that neat stuff on the server and only burden the client with a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Probably not worth mentioning. It's a personal thing. I cringe every time I see term AFOL because it looks like AOL and, as the person who coined it several years ago pointed out, it looks like "a fool." It also reminds me of at least two army (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact