 FAQ / 500
499  |  501
Subject:
autoFAQpost /robotics/g0101_what_is_mindstorms.en.faq
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:39:38 GMT

Subject: What is LEGO® Mindstorms?
Originator: Jim Baker, 1998-12-28
Revision: Kerry Garrison, 1999-01-02
Reference: http://users.deltanet.com/~garrison/mindstormsfaq.html
Comment: originally part of Kerry Garrison's Mindstorms and Lego-robotics FAQ, referenced
Location: /robotics/

<P>It's a new line of LEGO products which enables people to build and
program autonomous robots with the help of the Programmable Brick,
<I>a.k.a.</I> the RCX.  You connect sensors and motors to the RCX and by
using the packaged software, RCX Code, or alternate programs (such as
BotCode and NQC) you program your robot.  The core set, The Robotics
Invention System, gives you everything you need to start making your
inventions come to life.</P>