 FAQ / 289
288  |  290
Subject:
LDraw FAQ Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:17:59 GMT

I have been looking at the LDraw FAQ and making a couple templates for its
implimentation on ldraw.org.  I would like to suggest that some of the
questions be modified to look, feel, and sound more professional and
official.  Here is my list of modified questions:

What is LDraw?
Where can I get a copy of LDraw?
Can I get the source code for LDraw?
What platforms does it work on?
Where can I find examples of work done in LDraw?
Who created LDraw?
What does the Lego Group think of LDraw?
Where can I ask questions about LDraw?
Is there an LDraw mailing list?
What are some other Lego-style CAD programs?
How can I convert an LDraw .dat file to a .bmp image file?
Can I use models as if they were pieces?
How do I insert comments into .dat files?
How can I get pieces to line up?
How can I turn a hinge from one step in the instructions to the next?
What is the most recent edition of the LDraw package?
What do the numbers that follow the '-a' parameter mean?
Why don't the -ms and -mp options draw the last step of my model?
What do I do when LEdit crashes?
when you try to get the on-screen parts list
with the message 'Graphics error: invalid device driver file (EGAVGA.BGI)'
What is the .dat file format?
How can I make ray-traced images of LDraw models?
How does one map a bitmap onto an LDraw object?
How can I get a clear brick in LDraw?
How can I create a part that is not yet in LDraw?
How can I find the numbers for a view in LDraw?
Where does LDraw look for files?
What is the color code for?
What does Runtime Error 200 mean and how can I fix it?
What does Runtime Error 003 mean and how can I fix it?
Can I get LDraw to put the BMP files somewhere else?
What is the parts voting procedure?
What are the MIME tyles for LDraw and MPD files?

Please post replies or email me on thoughts.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com