 FAQ / 218
Re: What do the set numbers mean?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 18:49:21 GMT

Sproaticus wrote in message <3739C0CC.93BB046C@geocities.com>...
Hey all,

What is the meaning behind the Lego set numbers?  Do they really mean
anything?  Do certain themes "reserve" numerical series?  Are they all 4
digits long?

  There is an order to the set numbers. 60XX is Castles, 68XX, 69XX are
Space, 40XX is boats, and so on.  Almost all are 4 digits, except the older
sets, which may only be 3 (or 2).

I know they're not all unique.  What examples of duplicated set numbers are
there?
Cheers,
- jsproat

   The first numbers that pop into my mind are 6075, 6077 and 6083 which all
have to different sets.  There are a lot of other duplicate numbers other
than these.

--

   Have fun!

John ( jdiri14897@email.msn.com ) remove NOSPAM:
John's Lego Web Trade Page:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m