 FAQ / 177 (-10)
  FAQ header entries (Was: Progress so far, and a new header)

Jeremy: (...) Good idea. Here comes the current edition of the FAQ header entries: Subject: [the question] Content-Language: [ISO 639 language code] Topic-Level: [integer, 0 is beginner/easy/simple] Revision: [author, ISO date] Location: (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: New LUGNET directory structre?

Todd: (...) How do we integrate the translation of the FAQ with this? We need to translate (and store) column four and five to translate the FAQ. Should we generate a file similar to [1] based on your table, and then add the translations to that (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Progress so far, and a new header

(...) Yes. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: New LUGNET directory structre?

(...) Very nice. --Todd (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: New LUGNET directory structre?

(...) And again. :-P (...) I did get the unanswered items in there, at least. I didn't touch categorization. Instead, I figured, "what the hell, it needs a tree-based browsing page", so I put that into the perl script make_html.cmd. The index file (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: When are we going to see a "Work in Progress" copy?

Is there any programing help needed on the back end? I'm not much of a shell programmer, but I know Java and databases. Todd? Greg (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: New LUGNET directory structre?

(...) Wicked cool, Jeremy! Off to an awesome start! --Todd (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: New LUGNET directory structre?

(...) It includes a handful more items, plus a quick-n-dirty perl script to convert .faq files to .html, plus the resulting html files. These html files are by no means intended to be the final form, but rather a means to make reading the items (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

  (canceled)

  awk vs. perl for simple tasks

(...) Yup! It's a Perl world, but awk is still a great thing! It's hardly my favorite general-purpose programming language, but other than grep and sort and cat and uniq, it's by far my favorite command-line pipe. I think perl has a command line (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact