 FAQ / 1064
Re: Announcing the "Buying LEGO" FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 08:04:29 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:

Great job!  Here is some info for the "where is the cheapest..." section:

- The LEGO outlet stores sell damaged sets at 50% off.  Damaged usually
means dented box, but sometimes means totally destroyed box with parts
missing.  Either way, that's a good price!
- You could go to work part time for stores that sell LEGO.  Employee discounts
vary from 10-30%.  Plus you would get first dibbs on hard to find items.  If
you worked for LEGO (stores/parks/factory) you would probably get a nice
discount and other perks.

KL

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Wilson writes:
Some months ago I started writing a "Buying LEGO" FAQ with the idea of
linking to it from my eBay auctions so as to help (especially beginner) LEGO
buyers find what they needed without paying through the nose for it. It got
put on the back burner for a while but I recently finished it and it's now
available at http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/FAQs.htm . Additions, comments,
corrections, questions (preferably with answers!) are all welcome. The main
audience is (as for most FAQ's) non-experts so you won't find many new
ideas, but I hope a lot of good information collected in one place.

FUT lugnet.faq

Kevin Wilson
Victorian House: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-vblu.htm
Craftsman Kits & Custom Lego models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/
Personal Lego Web page:
Another way to get discounts is to become a shareholder of one of the
major chains, if you have enough stock you can get a shareholder
doscount card (depends on ths chain but here in australia some chanins
do it)