 Fabuland / 4
  BusyTown?

What do you think? If there were a Fabuland again today, would it mean Richard Scary licencing? Would that be as cool as the original?... they're similar in many ways. I've been dreaming of modeling Busytown for years now. I love those buildings. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: BusyTown?

(...) I never saw the Richard Scarry books or Busytown until today. Busytown looks an *awfully* lot like Fabuland. The book also has an educational as well as a whimsical feel to it - much like Lego itself. I wouldn't be surprised if this is where (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: BusyTown?

(...) <snip> isn't it funny how once you notice something you start seeing it everywhere? I saw a BRIO display and a brochure that showed Richard Scary's Busytown for BRIO. I guess Lego missed out on licensing (if, indeed, they ever considered it). (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)