 Events / NWBrickCon / 336
335  |  337
Subject:
NWBrickCon... till next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:23:25 GMT

What an event!! It was great to see old friends again and also to make new ones.
The quality of the MOCs was incredible.  The event keeps growing year after year
which of course is great to see.

Being a member of the planning committee was quite the experience.  I've always
tried to support the Con in anyway I could but this year took a much more active
role.  Of course the planning started months ago but for the 3 weeks leading up
to the Con and even till now it seemed just about every hour I had something
going on Con related.  And even though we had a few hiccups here and there it
all did come together quite nicely.

A lot of people made this a really great Con:
All the attendees!!
The whole planning committee.
Everyone who helped setup tables, THANK YOU!
All the volunteers that stepped up to help out

And my wife Kristin who supported me throughout all the planning leading up to
the Con and volunteered for quite a bit during the Con.

I'll throw some photos up if you haven't had enough yet. :-)

Some random thoughts:
Table setup... Wood Con?
McMenamins... when someone said, "I can't feel my lips"
Watching someone else's display getting plastered by .space for a change
Maybe I should get more than 6 hours total sleep for the whole Con

Lets do it all over again next year!!(1)

Thomas Rafert
(1)except that table setup! :-)