 Events / NWBrickCon / 238
237  |  239
Subject:
NWBrickCon™ 2004 to Host Wacky Race
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:01:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Now in it’s first incarnation here in the United States, straight from our friends in Freelug, we have “La Rampe Infernale” or the “Wacky Race”.

Dig deep into your collection to create a vehicle that will travel as far as it can. Points will be arbitrarily given for creativity and attitude. There will be awards for most creative 1, farthest distance 2, and most improbable 3.

To keep the judges sane, we do have a few minor rules.

1) No Motors.

2) Only LEGO® parts

3) It must have at least one pilot

3a) your pilot must not get sick or killed

3b) this means: try and keep them upright and in a seat.

4) You must use the Ramp as your only energy source.

See http://www.rustyclank.com/gallery/Race/wacky_race for a rough schematic of the ramp.

Happy Racing!!!

Dan

Coordinator, Wacky Race, NWBC 04

1 Sole discretion of the judge, bribes accepted. 2 Measured from the base of the ramp to the nearest piece. 3 Use your imagination!

Posted on behalf of Dan S.,

Wayne Hussey NWBrickCon™ 2004