 Events / NWBrickCon / 225
Re: Announcing the NWBrickCon™ 2004 Dirty Brickster Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 02:29:57 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.events, Wayne R. Hussey wrote:
The Dirty Brickster is a fun and exciting event where each participant
contributes a LEGO® related item worth approximately $10.00. Each contribution
is wrapped to hide the contents from other participants.
[SNIP]

I've participated in both the BrickFest PDX and BrickFest 2004 Dirty Brickster
events, and would have to say they were both highlights from each event. I'd
recommend everyone spend the measly $10 to participate.

(or more if you want to.. there were some things in both events that may have
cost 10 when they were NEW but clearly were worth a lot more than that. I think
few people went away unhappy!.. contrast that with my inlaws... we have a lot of
fun with it but a lot of the fun for SOME people is seeing how bogus of a gift
you can give and still conform to the guidelines... that wasn't the case here
and I hope it isn't at NWBrickCon either)

From a practical standpoint, I'd recommend the event organizers have no more
than about 25-30 people participate in a group. If you have more, it'd probably
be best to break it into two groups. At first it goes real fast, then it slows
down until the last few items are just begging to be unwrapped.

I agree, we had over 40 in DC and it did perhaps go a bit longer than expected.