 Events / NWBrickCon / 221
Re: NWBrickCon™ 2004 Haunted Mansion Module Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:28:05 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, William R. Ward wrote:
   If a module takes up multiple baseplates, it has a better chance to be cool and thus to win the contest. So will there be separate winners for each size? Or is each baseplate one entry? Or what?

You may be right about the “coolness” chances of a multiple module, but don’t depend on that. I expect some outrageous singles - there should be plenty of room to “be cool” within one baseplate. Remember, it will be the public deciding on the “coolness” of a module.

Expect that the contest will be one module = one entry. Whether that module uses one or multiple baseplates. There is no limit to the number of independent modules one person may enter, though.

Because we don’t know how many multi-baseplate modules will be brought/entered (or how many singles for that matter), we cannot, at this time, separate into two categories. There is also the problem of asking the (uneducated) public to split their votes among module types. However, there is no reason we couldn’t make a separation at the event if it seems warranted.

One more comment - even large multiple modules should be no more than two baseplates in one direction (e.g. 2 x 2 or 2 x 3 or 2 x 4, etc., but not 3 x 3 or 3 x 4, etc.). This is because they will be placed on 30” wide tables placed lengthwise (for better viewing) and we’ll need to close the path back to the Mansion Enter/Exit module.

Wayne