 Events / BrickWorld / 320
Re: Brickworld Pick-a-Brick quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 00:07:13 GMT

In lugnet.events, John Gerlach wrote:
A couple weeks ago I sorted out the cardboard box of Pick-a-Brick
I purchased from the Northfield Lego store at the special Brickworld event
on Friday night.

As I was sorting, I found a half-dozen 1x1 plates, with obvious color issues
- they're a mix of black and what appears to be dark bley.

Has anyone else noticed pieces like these, or am I just that lucky?

I find it somewhat ironic that just a few hours after I had asked Tormund if
Pick-a-Brick was profitable to LEGO, I find several pieces that should have
never made it out of the moulding facility.

I didn't get any funky colors in my P.A.B. from Brickworld; but I didn't get any
1X1 plates at all.

However, I did notice some non-color quality issues with 1X1 False Brown bricks.
I got some of the 1X1's in the Northbrook P.A.B. on Friday, and they seemed just
fine.  I also got some 1X1 False Brown bricks from the Woodfield P.A.B. on
Saturday.  The 1X1's from Woodfield are very hard to snap together, and even
make a different, more "crispy" noise when you do press them all the way
together.  The 1X1's from both stores look identical, but one batch is
noticeably inferior as far as interbrick clutching.

David