 Events / BrickWorld / 257
256  |  258
Subject:
New Mindstorms Events at Brickworld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:45:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Cross posting - sorry for the repeat message.

While the complete Mindstorms event list is still being finalized and the rules are being polished, we wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know about a few new Mindstorms competitions we are introducing this year.

First - there is Robot Jumping. This is not what you might think. It isn’t biped robots seeing who can jump the highest. It isn’t robots jumping over each other. So, what is it? It is robotic vehicles doing Evel Knievel jumps off of ramps between 2 tables. If the robot falls short...or should we say, WHEN the robot falls short, it will smash into the floor. At least at the end, it will be clear which robot wins.

Then - there is Garbage Wars. All we can say about this is that your robot will need to be able to throw “stuff” over a net at the opponent.

And - there is the Robot Triathalon. This event will test the strength, agility and durability of your robot as it tries to do the ironman of robot competitions. Indy 5.0, sumo wrestling and a brand new agility course make up the event.

Good luck - and stay tuned to the Brickworld web site and Lugnet for details in the next few weeks.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!!!

Regards, the Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 19-22, 2008 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

visit the Brickworld Web Site by clicking here