 Events / BrickWorld / 204
203  |  205
Subject:
Brickworld - Personal Feelings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:07:14 GMT

I have essentially been the mouthpiece of Brickworld here on Lugnet. So, I want to preface this message with the following statement:

These are my personal feelings. This is not the “official” Brickworld response to the community.

That being said -

I just wanted to personally and publically thank everyone that had anything to do with Brickworld. You all played a role in making it more fun than any event (LEGO or non-LEGO) that I ever remember participating in. During the weekend I witnessed and received countless hugs. I saw no bickering or talking about people. I saw so many smiles on all the faces of the registrants and the public. I felt like part of a really BIG family.

It was extremely humbling and touching that you all gave Adam and I a standing ovation at the closing ceremony. The event was made great by all of YOUR efforts. We simply provided a big house to hold it in.

I also want to mention the staff of the Westin as they were all so helpful and kind. They really became part of our family too and I am excited to go back and see them all again next year.

Believe it or not - as tired as I still am - we have already begun writing down our thoughts about how to improve Brickworld for 2008. While the event was completely awesome because of you, we have identified ways that will make it even better. The feedback provided during the 2 feedback sessions was phenomenal and has led our thoughts to places we hadn’t even dreamed of.

Again - thank you to everyone for being the fun people you are!!! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing those of you that I had met before and those of you whom I met this weekend. I feel like I didn’t get enough time to spend with anyone...but I enjoyed every minute of it - - and I am sure I didn’t get to meet everyone...please please throw me down and introduce yourself next year if we didn’t meet...I really want to meet everyone!!!

I do want to single out Adam and thank him for all the efforts he put in over the last 7 months. Because he lives only 3 miles from the hotel, we really leaned on him a lot for the “on-the-ground” activities to prepare for Brickworld. He drove countless miles working on advertising and sponsors. He spent 2 whole weekends supporting LEGO builds at the local malls (okay - so that wasn’t really work) and he visited the hotel countless times to make sure everything was in order.

Everything seems to end in a sigh over the last couple days as I parted ways with everyone. Please stay close, I enjoyed having fun with all of you. And, as usual, I was completely blown away by all of your creativity. I wish I was half as good at this as most of you!!

As I said at the closing ceremony - there are no goodbyes... ‘til next time.

Bryan