 Events / BricksWest / 675
674  |  676
Subject:
BricksWest-Great Fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:07:02 GMT

Like so many others have posted, I wanted to say that I thought BricksWest
'03 was great.  The sessions were top notch and the people were great.  I
really enjoyed spending more time this year with everyone and making new
friends.

Thanks to all who attended one of my two Microfig programs--and a special
"thanks" to Ross Benz who attended both sessions.  (Ross attended the second
session complete with two newly created microfig jet fighters.)

I intend to completely re-build my program now that it has seen a few fan
events. On a related note, the community has grown large enough now that I
will be mediating a new Microfig LUGNET group pending Todd L's approval and
return home from his California adventure.

To all you train heads...I'm caving in.  Dan Parker's orchestration of the
SEALUG-PNLTC railroad, combined with the big SCLTC layout, Steve's
enthusiasm for ILTCO, James' Euro-trains, the Thomas presentation and the
fabulous array of other MOC trains has proven contagious.  I have already
started building a (small) European layout since my return home.

In the robotics arena, I have seen yet again that the MINDSTORMS folks are
an interactive lot and a big draw to the event.  I enjoyed talking with
Steve Putz, William from "No Starch Press" and Kevin and Jonathan from
"Syngress."

It was also great to see old (and new) friends from LUGOLA like Scott, Dave,
Bryce, James, the Michons and others.

Finally a big thanks to Matthew Gerber for allowing me to squeeze in at the
last minute and to Bill at the model shop for the fun updates and conversation.

I look forward to seeing all of you again.  Play well and "Play On,"
Ashley Glennon