 Events / BricksWest / 308
307  |  309
Subject:
BricksWest2K2: Expo Coordinator's Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:52:25 GMT

Wow!  Just wrapped up some LEGO contracts and it's nice to see the
excitement still reverberating in posts.

BricksWest was a wonderful show.  Stepping up to support as Expo Coordinator
was rewarding.  While my perspective was limited to a slice of the event, my
hat's off to a few people and the groups they represent:  Dave Schilling and
SMART for many activities and help in the Pavilion; David K 'Z' Harris and
all of BayLUG for the iron man drive to reach the con; Paul Thomas and SCLTC
for a most impressive train display, especially for a group so young; Eric
Sophie and his fello Mech enthusiasts; and scores of individual exhibitors
who tolerated any lack of planning on my part!!  Thanks for being so
flexible and willing to put in long hours.

On the corporate side, Vicky Berryman, Special Events at LEGOLAND California
and her team were most attentive to our needs.  Jake McKee, Sr. Producer for
LEGO Direct worked behind the scenes and provided both LEGO Direct models
and MOCs (nice work!).  Brad Justus' willingness to support the con and
^A^FOLs -- ^Advanced^ Fans of LEGO -- is greatly appreciated.

Some misc notes here...thanks, Ashley Glennon for indulging me and my Death
Star trench for your microfig class!...thanks to the SEALUG-PNLTC membership
for rallying to provide a display....Steve Barile, PNLTC thanks for allowing
me a few words during your Trainshow Planning workshop....Shiri Dori and
Tony Hafner, I apologize for not coming through with your sig-figs I brought
but lost....Sunday morning's rain brought flooding but this was gone by
1PM....the train roundtable sessions "with the factory guy" [Jake] were
productive....we had most boxes packed and the Pavilion 90% cleared by 8PM
Sunday eve, with only minor packing of crates and the last train group by
Monday noon-time....my only regret was not meeting every last con attendee.

Henry Lim and Tim Courtney, thank you for your efforts and including me to
produce the appreciation plaque for Matt.

As for Matt Gerber...bravo, sir, for hanging tough with an idea.  Projects
succeed or fail due to how stubborn a core group of people are -- and this
succeeded.  We're on a solid footing for 2003!

Thanks for allowing me to serve,

dan parker
Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club,
Seattle LEGO User's Group, and