 Events / BricksWest / 240
Re: Calling Carlsbad...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:59:29 GMT

Be patient...

I'm video taping most of the sessions and getting the presentations for the
presenrors...  Give me a week after it's all over and I will be posting the
videos and presentations for all to see.

Today we had a great time at legoland.  Lots of us went to the Manica
Clubhouse and tooks lots of bulk bricks by the pound. He,he,he..  It was
funny, the club house is design for kids to build MOC and then buy them.
When at the clubhouse there was about 10 of adults juts taking one or two
types of brick.  The sales people were nice but gave us weird looks.  In any
case, the train displays (we got lots of pics and vids for you latter) was
in one word AWESOME!!!  There was a hugh susspension bridge, a movie studio
with a star wars bluye screen.  A drive-in showing the actaula star wars
movie.  A big airport with two planes.  A ity landscape, a small gazibo with
an orchestra, a big park and off course lots and lots of trains!  Too much
to say.  There was also a big english militray acadremy with fanatasy
manision.  It was BIG!  I'm not even going to explain this one.   MECHA had
a string showing at the public display some really tall models and one that
looked like a drangon with a long tail.

I also so the Sr. Vp of Lego direct on video with a 1.5 hour of Q&A.  I'm
thinkong of just posting the transcrips of the talk unless you guys wnat the
video.  The good news about the talk was:

1) A new super cheif train engine!  Price $39.99  You can order on Monday on
the net or phone
2) Two new LEGEND Items a pizza parlor and a paradise house/cafe.  I'll get
you the numbers soon.  I don't know them off hand.  Price point I think are
$16.99 and $22/24.  (I'll point images tomorrow once I get them downloaded
from the cameras (~175)

As for the workshops we have had 2 real good train workshops (spring
coupling and RCX and train) and 2 mecha ones, LDraw has done 4 workshops,
and there were other workshops which I could not attend (large displays and
micro displays).

That is all for now...
-AHui

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Kevin Wilson writes:
Hey you people at Brickswest, how about a quick report back! What's going on
over there?

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
NEW Hospital 2396 piece kit! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm