 Events / BricksWest / 200
Re: Train Nights at BricksWest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:39:16 GMT

Steve Barile wrote:

Hi All,

At both train nights there will be several large loops of tracks
w/controllers. We can reconfigure it for "S" test runs, etc... I'll be
bringing the MOCs from the sessions including many from other PNLTCer's Kim
Toll, Ben Fleskes, Dan Parker, Rick Clark and others. I hope that everyone
is planning on stuffing there luggage full of trains! I can't wait to see
some of those 8-wides that everyone is raving about (OK, maybe just JohnN)
and some of the eXtreme models like the 80 stud long passenger coaches...
Jake will be bringing his centerbeam and intermodal cars and more(right
Jake). And I assume that the SCLTC and the BAYLTC will bring some of their
rolling stock back over from the pavilion tent. This will be a time to talk
to others about their building tricks and finding out "how they did that"
and to show off your favorite MOCs.

I'm starting to think about what to actually bring. I plan on bringing
some 12v stuff, but I'm wondering if anyone will have 12v transformers
so I can avoid bringing them. Assuming I am the only one bringing 12v
stuff, I would like to bring at least the following:

740 transformer
741 transformer
7864 transformer
220v step up transformer
220v power strip
1 oval of blue 12v track with passing siding with remote points
1 oval of grey 12v track with passing siding with remote points and
signal tracks
12v Beyer-Garrat, 2 coaches, and combination baggage/coach (pictures
perhaps later today)
Extended 7740 (7740, 2 extra coaches, 2 club cars, 7815, 7819, possibly
a baggage car if I build it)
162 built as alternate model
Possibly a modified 727 (modified to scale well with the 7740, I've
plans for this but haven't built it yet)

(It might be neat to stage a 9v transformer next to my 12v transformer
just to show the complete range of LEGO train transformers - though I
don't have a 742).

I'm also bringing Pirate stuff so it's going to be a real tight squeeze
to get everything I'd like to bring (this is why I desperately want help
when I arrive, I'm thinking in terms of 2 large boxes or trunks). I
would really love to be able to leave the 12v transformers at home (the
740 and the step up both weigh quite a bit). I'm also a little concerned
about how well they will pass through airport security (they will be
packed in a suitcase so they will be easy for security to open up and
look at if necessary, I'll probably also ask the airline about them
before packing).

I'll probably also throw in some of my other MOCs, I'll just have to see
how much room I have.

If I'm allowed to bring the food in, there will be snacks and drinks.

Looks like not... Too bad, but this isn't surprising. I've yet to see a
hotel convention space allow guests to supply their own snacks.

Frank