 Events / BricksWest / 176
175  |  177
Subject:
You view it, you do it! Attend the Microfig workshop at BricksWest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:27:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

If you are interested in microfig scale building or learning more about this
rapidly growing modeling segment within the AFOL community, I invite you to
attend my microfig building workshop at BricksWest 2002.

In addition to at least a dozen microfig models on hand, ranging from castle
to town and space, my presentation will include both handouts and hands-on
building!

Jeremy Sproat, Dan Parker, Todd Kubo, Wayne Hussey and others have made
contributions to the presentation or the models on hand.

Never before has this topic been so thoroughly reviewed!

Here’s what all in attendance can expect in the seminar:

1.  Definitions—what is micro, stick, nano and picofig building?
2.  History—when did this start and where is it going?
3.  Benefits—you will be surprised at how many great reasons there are for
building small!
4.  Applications Part One and Two—see how microfig creations can improve
your life!
5.  Essential Elements—receive a list of vital parts to help you get
thinking in new ways.
7.  Essential Sites—receive a definitive list of micro scale websites and
creations.
8.  Tips and Tricks—hear and see how certain elements come to life within
the context of microfig building.
9.  Building Exercise—sure to be a crowd pleaser, this top secret building
exercise will get everyone building something big, that’s small.  Dan
Parker-- known for show quality building--has pre-built the base for this
surprise activity.

I look forward to seeing you there.   If you can’t make it, you will miss
out on a small piece of AFOL history, but no worries, I plan to post the
complete presentation and list of microfig links on the SEALUG web site
right after BricksWest.

Play well!
Ashley Glennon