 Events / BrickFest / 397
  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: (Brad's answers to some questions) <extracted for emphasis> (...) Seriously?!?!?!? Can you (or someone) elaborate on this? Wow. That's it's even being examined enough to mention that it's being (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I have no new info to offer... geometry was mentioned at the january summit as you know. Think about the tooling costs of something as large as a turnout, though! (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I am. That's why I'm surprised it's being examined. I personally wouldn't expect LEGO to revisit track geometry until the molds reached retirement. (If they even did so then.) Hunh. I'll leave further speculatin' to people more train-savvy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I may be dreaming, but I thought I caught a hint that TLC has considered the possibility of an alliance with a model railroading manufacturer. I suspect the LEGO track market is at least as large as some of the specialty model railroad track (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Indeed. What's sort of sick about trains is there is unlimited upside. The more you have, the more you want... you just keep making bigger and bigger and bigger layouts and so forth. This can be true in any theme if the bug bites you but it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

OOOH what I've thought about for years! Flexible Track sections.. Ohh transition curves, dynamic radius turns. Inclines/declines... (well ok we can do that now, but not that smoohtly over shorter distances). Lets hope that they figure out a way of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)