 Events / BrickFest / 3748
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.events, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

   As for your calculations on the revenue generated by registration and public day, I think you are a little bit off. If 400 people paid 10 dollars each that would be $4000. Since the registration was $60 per person for the three day event, the revenue would be $24,000. Out of that many items were purchased. The bag, the engraved bricks, the bricks to engrave, a pre-event mailing, the raffle tickets, the sets to raffle, etc. Your $60 dollars bought you a lot and the money goes fast when you start adding up the other materials that were bought. From that pile of money a projector was rented at $500 per day plus another $80 for screens for the animation festival and the presentations. There were additional charges there. Break that down per person and about $5.00 of each registration went for presentation equipment. There are many more hidden costs to these events that only Christina and Joe can chare with you. Oh, and Steve Barile too. Ask the organizers of other conventions.

Joe’s number for public attendance was 3000. I thought admission was $7, for a total of $21000, but if admission was $10, that makes $30000.

Ah - admission was $7 for a single day, $10 for both days. Assuming that Joe meant 3000 paid admissions and not 3000 clicks of the turnstile, the take was somewhere between $21000 and $30000, probably on the lower end of that (I’m guessing most people only came for one day). Or it could be as low as $15000, if 1500 people paid $10 and were counted as attending on both days.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations