 Events / BrickFest / 3732 (-5)
  Re: BrickFest registration fees

(...) Yeah, I mean geez, I spent almost $125 on gas for the 2250 miles of driving I did to/from/around BF, so the $60 in reg was piddling. Not to mention I saved more than the reg fees Thurs night at the Lego store by far ;-) And the buffet during (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees

(...) I don't think anyone got paid, but if they did, I wouldn't be upset. (...) *"Just"*? You really have no clue whatsoever on the difficulty of organizing such an event, do you? Until you do it yourself (on BF's current scale), do NOT complain (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

This reply is not targeted at Jake or any specific person. It was just convenient to reply to Jake's post. Well, I thought I'd be done with this thread, but it looks like I'm going to have to put out a fire before it explodes. I really don't want to (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

I am really sad that these comments about Brickfest and if Christina and/or Joe are keeping profits and if volunteers are being shafted while whomever is profiting from Brickfest are being spoken. At this point, I don't care. I HAVE attended BF for (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) I can understand this, but at the end of the day there are benefits in both models: 1. A for-profit has an economic incentive to continue developing positive, fulfilling events. 2. A non-profit model had a higher chance of powering through (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact