 Events / BrickFest / 3707 (-5)
  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Jeff, Marc and all, By all means, let's have a frank, honest, transparent and civil discussion about this stuff now. My understanding is that the public days bring in (a projected amount of) money that helps keeping registration at the level (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Kelly, you're probably right that BF being a for-profit event shouldn't affect the perceived value of what you get for your registration fee. But it might affect other things. Would people be as willing to volunteer to help run BF if they knew (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Thanks for letting us know, Joe. Personally, I'm not concerned about it - from my perspective, any profit from BF'06 is yours to do with as you please. I wouldn't care if you took a vacation to Tahiti with it, or blew it on horse racing. (Not (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) And for those of us who would have to sleep somewhere, the cost of a hotel room is likely to be at least as big a concern as the plane ticket to get there. And we all have to eat for 3 or 4 days. That pretty much equals the cost of $20/day (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Very cool Joe, Kudo's for your transparency. As I mentioned, it is my desire to find a way to attend regardless, but it is nice to know where my $ would be going. Karl PS For those of us who would have to fly in, The cost of tickets is a much (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact