 Events / BrickFest / 3677 (-20)
  Re: BrickFest Keynote Video?

(...) view it over again .. :) anyone? ...??? (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Keynote Video?

I've noticed that there was a snippet of the Saturday night Keynote posted on YouTube: (URL) anyone film and/or post the full version (with the embargoed bits filtered out, of course)? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Private Citizen Webmaster - BIP (URL) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Pics

Hi All- Here are my pics from Brickfest. Like Calum, I want to emphasize the people of the fest, so I tried to get the builders with their mocs. Sorry to those I couldn't find during my photography window...esp Kevin Heckle and Roy Cook. (URL) are (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I understand the Flash-avoidance issue. I don't have any personal webspace to host things on, which is why I use BrickShelf and (now) YouTube. But I'd be glad to upload the video to somebody else to host it if they want to (it's a 2m31s 35 Mb (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

Hi Brian, (...) I don't want to install Flash as there are too many annoying ads using it. Jürgen (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) You guys are far too kind :) I made a point of going to more talks this year and I enjoyed all of them--Jamie's was really neat to see the other side of building models, to hear how they are constrained by corporate rules and a quality (...) (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) It was still impressive!! You guys did a great job with Harbourfest!! Kirsten (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) Thanks for posting the link! I had to run after the talk and wasn't able to write it down. :) Kirsten (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) Thanks for posting this interesting presentation. I honestly never realized that the center point of a side mounted stud on a system brick was slightly different than on a technic brick - although based on some previous building issues I have (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) First, thank you, and Jamie, for making these so easily availible on-line, and having such a nice presentation. Second, I'd say yours was just as interesting as Jamie's (or probably others), at least to me. The idea of trying to coordinate (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) Wow! Thanks for making your Powerpoint presentation available online! It offers an interesting insight into some of the tests official sets are put through. It also reminds me of many "unusual" builds (most of which I probably won't ever (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) Incredible! Where do these guys store their bricks, I wonder ... ;-) /Matthias Paul (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I will have a video available either this weekend or next week, as soon as I get it off the camera's tape. It will be like the one I made last year, where I show the entire sequence while walking along the outside. (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) So completely useless but absolutly fantastic and mesmorizing! :) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I think there were 45 modules. This includes a couple that were about 1 table (eight feet) long. Each. Steve (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) Great! It's huge. No NXT module, as far as I can see. /Matthias Paul (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) seen the slides for Jamie's presentation. They are two different topics and both are interesting in their own way. Yours was very well organized and presented. I hadn't heard about the Harborfront project, so it was nice to get the whole story (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) I totally agree Jamie. Whenever I get together with other LEGO builders I'm always astounded not only by how interesting their models are (large and small) but how interesting the people are as individuals. And no matter how much you've (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Camera in the Moonbase monorail

(...) Search for 'camera wireless' on eBay. Even if you don't trust the sellers you'll see all the things that are available. I've had a little B&W wired camera in the back of a minifig 60's type outside broadcast van for a few years now. It even (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?

(...) I just wanted to thank everyone who was able to make it to my presentations last weekend. This year's BrickFest will definitely be one that I will always have fond memories of. It was a real treat to be in such good company with so many (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact