 Events / BrickFest / 3627 (-20)
  Re: Thanks...

(...) And on behalf of the other theme coordinators and all the attendees, I'd like to thank Joe for stepping up and taking on this rather monumental responsability. New venue, new regulations, new volunteers, and our largest attendance yet, not to (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest pics

Had a great time at BF. I liked the open venue and the traffic that we saw on Sat. It was funny seeing all the young kids have panic attacks as there were walking by different cool models. It was also nice to put a face to fellow MDP / MCP members. (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Thanks...

Hi all, I'm still recovering from BrickFest, and I will be posting more information and thoughts later. In the meantime, I would like to thank all those who participated and helped me out. This was an event that was truly outstanding on many levels, (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) Indeed! I thought it would use part #2419 to depict the particular fields, but the actual implementing is fantastic, withot question. It looks brilliant! -Rene [LDrawPart 2419] (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

Greetings Suz, Unfortunately I won't be there but I am a huge fan of the game. I couldn't stand the boring wooden pieces for the robber, barbarian, pirate, and merchant so I made some customized minifigs: (URL) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) This is what I found by snooping at Flickr-- (URL) pic... Looks totally awesome though!!!! Dave K (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A questions for those attending

(...) I was invited to a meeting Sunday morning about hobby train. The LEGO factory people and the community people (I don't remember all the names so I won't name specific people) totally understand that somehow 9v trains need to stay alive. We (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Missing: One moonbase module

Last seen in a blue and white cardboard box normally used to hold reams of paper, is (URL) my spaceport>. It was last seen, I think, Sunday afternoon. It wasn't packed in the Freakmobile on Sunday, and wasn't seen under the table by Fradel during (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) Now it IS "after the Fest"... I'm curious to such an extend, show us some pictures, PLEASE :-) -Rene (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Thanks

I would just like to thank everyone who helped with Brickfest 2006. My wife and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute. Thanks again, for all the hard work and time. Brian (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

On 2006-08-23 11:03:31 -0500, "Suz" <suz@baseplate.com> said: (...) So... now that Brickfest is over... ;) ::has been watching flickr for pics of it; but the many many people that have posted pics seem to have avoided you:: (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A questions for those attending

(...) As TLC has been doing increasingly, it secretly recruited 10 train AFOLs in March to help design LEGO train factory. The group ultimately came up with a unified red, white, and gray palette and 30 MOCs. Near final production packaging art was (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Wow! What an event!

(...) Sure Suz... rub it in :p Dave K -wishing he was there, at the very least to play LEGO Settlers... :) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Wow! What an event!

Here at BrickFest 2006, I think we're too much in a state of euphoria to pause for posting. But BOY are you missing out if you're not present ;-) A few hours ago, I happened to overhear the words of one CEO of a certain company: "This place is on (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: A questions for those attending

(...) OOooooohhh Yeeeahhhh. (^_^) But I'm not a great reporter, so I'll allow others to relay the exciting news. -Suz (how's that for suspense?) (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  A questions for those attending

Any big announcements this year? (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Not at BrickFest after all

I'm not at BrickFest.. I was wondering if I could participate in the Lego store shopping event by phone, since I did register and all. Just didn't quite make it there. We planned to drive the truck with MOCs in the back from Milwaukee to BrickFest, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

(...) I have to say, I like these rules best. :-) I'm glad I hadn't packed yet. Thanks for clarification, Steve. I'm looking forward to this challenge! -Suz (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

WOW! I don't know how somwthing so simple got so screw up, but oh well. Somewhere months ago I posted the rules to Lugnet and I didn't bother to re-read Joe's discription so in a way this is my own fault. Originally there was to be only 100 pieces (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) I wanted to make the whole board but my wife only wanted a tray for the cards. (URL) card decks are each just under 7 studs wide, just over 10 deep and just under 1 brick high. (...) Always interested in a game of settlers. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact