 Events / BrickFest / 3251
3250  |  3252
Subject:
What to do at BrickFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:12:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

“So here I am at BrickFest..... Now what should I do???”

Of course, top of the list is wandering around, checking out all the amazing creations. This not only gives you an opportunity to be awestruck with what everyone has been up to over the last year, but it also gives time to discuss everything Lego with people of like minds. (These people actually understand all your Lego talk, and don’t get that glassed over look when you start rhyming off sets you wished you owned, they know the joy of the sounds and smells of a new set, they understands the true meaning of an “unsorted bin”... etc.)

Attendees have the opportunity to attend some amazing sessions, discussions and round tables as well as dropping into the various themes “Show and Tell”, “Feeding Times” and live head to head contests. As well, you will need some time to peruse the Brick Bazaar and to mingle in the Free Build room. As if this isn’t enough... attendees will have many opportunities this year to get involved in some fun activities as well.

Here are some highlights.

Dirty Brickster - Bring a Lego related item valued at 10 dollars to enter.

Time Build - The new Technic Crane

Mosaic Speed Build - Sign up now! (email janeyofthejungle(removethis)@yahoo.com )

“Where’s Waldo” Rescue the Missing Fig - Throughout the weekend, check the “Where’s Waldo Board” (in the Micro Room) to see what fig needs rescued. - Find the fig, return him/her/it to me, and receive a ballot to win a set.

And more such as... bid at the live auction, play the “Add-A-Brick Game” .....

For those of you over 21, there is offsite after hours plans to meet at Rocklands and for those of you that prefer a more quiet social time, the lobby of the Hilton.

This year promises to be tons of fun, and as you can see we have some great events planned. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Oh, don’t forget to bring your Sig-Fig, perhaps featured in a Vignette (don’t worry you still have a few days to complete it) as well as your Micro versions of your full sized Homes, Castles, Town or Space Buildings.

Build ON!!! See you ~VERY~ soon,

Janey Red Brick. Social Events/Micro/Vig Coordinator