 Events / BrickFest / 2882 (-20)
  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) Fun stuff indeed! This is (for me) the most exciting news I've heard in a while. I really look forward to this. More details would be nice, but even just what is listed here suggests something that, like the comic, might help to draw more (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) I gave it a quick look, but it looked a bit less than a 45°. Maybe something between the 33° and 45°? Either way, an exciting part. Plus the friggin dark green. (I gumpily walk away knowing I must now buy some.. ugh.. trains ;) ) -Lenyusan (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographers, Videographers, Histographers, and other -ographers!

(...) How about calographers, being those who write in fancy script by laying out patterns of clunky wooden shoes. (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  BrickFest Animation Festival Entries - Downloads

It's unfortunate that the Animation Presentation had to be cancelled Saturday night at BrickFest. I was only able to stop in for a few minutes on Sunday on my way back home to Richmond so I did not get to see any of the showings that took place (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickCast 2004 Credits

(...) Thanks again for your efforts. I followed the closing ceremony with both the webcast, the webcam and chatting on FreeLUG with friends...at the same time. It's really a great "web experience". Didier Enjary (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  On the recursive subdivision of two-dimensional food items

Last night at IHOP, after copious amounts of beer at Rocklands, a few of us were talking about how we cut our food up into differently-sized portions during the eating process, and I realized that an algorithm exists for maximizing the total (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Friday - some photos

(...) One can only hope that someone will caption the "Bejesus Drilling Sequence" at some point (and issue a caution to never, ever use the rotary cutting tool without eye protection unlike the Genius Rob who is apparently trying to emulate the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Shhh. Be very, very quiet.

Oh. My. That tatoo is teh beautiful! (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Photographers, Videographers, Histographers, and other -ographers!

(...) Or biographers? Wow, my dict file has 132 words ending in -ographer! --Todd (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I2I154.1zz4@lugnet.com... (...) with a (...) slope of (...) reason (...) the (...) part. (...) I took this piece off of the BSNF (there are actually 10 of them, two orange on the top of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation announcements

(First, before I even get the the message, THANK YOU LARRY & everyone else (trlToronto?) involved in bringing Brickfest to LUGNET as fast as you did. Those of us who couldn't be there thank you - a LOT!) (...) When was general sumo event... run (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) Sign me up! All I need is someone to donate the tour fee and airfare. I can cover incidental expenses and LEGO purchases (which may exceed the other costs!). Hey, a guy can dream. This tour sounds terrific. But with 2 kids likely headed to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 60-minute brick build challenge

Thanks to all the incredibly inventive builders who participated in the first (and I hope the first of many) brick build challenges in the BrickFest free building room. Saturday's theme was "build something Olympic"; the time limit 60 minutes; and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: BrickCast 2004 Credits

(...) Yes, thank you very much for your time! It was almost like being there... nice to get a sense of the AFOL environment at BF. -JHK (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) They look like if you chop the 1x1 tip off a 1x3 33 slope to me. That slope matches the faceted corners on the 4x4 wedge perfectly, if you line up the corners (make sure you've got (URL) DAT> before you try viewing this): 0 Untitled¬ 0 Name: (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickCast 2004 Credits

(...) And thank you all for making it possible! We enjoyed it very much! Saskia (from The Netherlands) www.lowlug.nl (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickCast 2004 Credits

Hi guys, Thanks for everyone who helped out with the webcast this year... Direction: Calum Tsang Stage Camera: Derek Raycraft Audience Camera: Trevyn Watson Setup: Dave Koudys Trevyn Watson Resisting Our Corrupting Influence: David Michon And for (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Closing Presentation

Announcing: Some of the animations submitted in the High Adventure Theater competition will be available on the official DVD. Go to BrickFilms.com for details One of the submitted animations will be on the BrickFest DVD which you can get from Todd (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) Yes, a lot like that except without nearly as much vertical part, IIRC the entire part is only 2 plates high. I think. I was so excited about the overall set that I didn't put enough peering into that specific part. If you like, think of (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Keynote presentation

"Matt Sklar" <matthew.sklar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:I2GpxJ.1Jy6@lugnet.com... (...) If it (...) to (...) rock). I (...) The color inconsistency is due to some of the parts being spray painted. A few of the parts (1x10 plates, 2x4 plates, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact