 Events / BrickFest / 2741
Re: The Lego Classic Room at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Dave Lovelace wrote:
Hi,

I wasn't originally planning on attending Brickfest, but do have a ton of pretty
amazing Space stuff I could show off.  All the value packs (incl. #1977, #1983,
and #1999 w/6807 box MISB), 6711, 0012-0015, #801 "Space Rocket", 1593 boxed,
1968 boxed.  Lots more stuff.  LOTS.  It'd be a long trek, time off I probably
don't/shouldn't have, and logstical challenges otherwise in a weird time in my
personal life.

I guess the reason why I'm posting this is to guage the response I get to see if
there'd be enough people who'd be interested in seeing all this stuff to merit
my trek.  I figure more people would be interested in all the MOCs but I ain't
no builder.  I'm just a collector...  :o\

--Dave Lovelace
LUGNET #95

Dave,
I almost peed my pants when I read your post this morning!  I'm hosting a
Collectors Roundtable on Saturday afternoon and it is AFOLs like you that I
hoped would attend.  Of all the collections I've ever heard of your's is one
that interest me the most.  I can't possibley express in words how delighted I
would be to meet you and see some of your collection.  I'm sure others must feel
the way I do.

Please, Dave, consider making the trip to BrickFest.

If there are others out there reading this, now would be the time to post a
little encouragement for Dave.

On a side note, Geoff, what kinda of security will there be if we were to bring
some things to exhibit?

Brian Darrow
Lugnet #636