 Events / BrickFest / 2710
Re: Brickfest Events Schedule Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:01:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Thomas Main wrote:
I was looking at the events schedule for Brickfest today.  I was trying to
decide which sessions I wanted to attend and a few questions came to mind.
Rather than e-mail the event coordinators, I thought I'd post about it since
other people might benefit from the answers too.

I'll try to answer the questions here, although I'm really muddled on teh first
one:)

Friday, 2:15-4:30 Mosaic Speed Build Event

I am one of the volunteers making a panel (all done, all logos facing the same
direction).  I am hoping to arrive on Thursday, but will mail in my panel if I
can't depart until Friday.  Is this the time that the press event will happen
around the mosaic?  I guess I am asking why the time slot for the speed build is
so long (2:15).  Would I be able to attend a 3:30 session or are the pre-made
panel builders expected to remain at this event the entire time?

Sorry, I completely forgot this one...I'll find out if no one else chimes in

Any sessions repeated?

I noticed the animation competition has a second showing.  Are any of the other
session going to have a repeat for people who might have missed it the first
time around?  In particular, I am wondering about these sessions:

Sculpture Thoughts & Tips hosted by Judy Miller
BIP v.3 Roundtable hosted by Jacob McKee
Collector's Roundtable hosted by Brian Darrow

There are 40 sessions(!) this time, so repeats are going to be few and far
between.

Also, I noticed that the show and tell sessions are scheduled each day, but
Sunday is the most open (without other events scheduled).  Hopefully, MOC
builders will still have the energy to show off their theme MOCs on the last day
;)

Sunday is the most open because of the Public Expo. The energy level completely
changes when the public shows up, beleive me!

What are these sessions about?

There are a few sessions that sound intriguing to me, but I am not really sure
what they are going to be about:

Collector's Roundtable hosted by Brian Darrow
Is this about collecting Lego sets?  Is there any particular time period that is
going to be discussed?

(from the presenter's application)

A roundtable discussion of the unique aspects of collecting LEGO sets.
Participants will be invited to discuss their "collectable LEGO" interests and
bring some of their collection to show. Topics shall include but are not limited
to: Collecting specific themes; collecting sets MISB; collecting antique LEGO
vehicles; how large collections are stored and displayed.

LEGO Game Show hosted by David Eaton
Any hints about this one?

From what I have been told (and I have to work on the Event Program), this is a
game show like, say, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, where the prizes are...LEGO!
Quiz format, different difficulties.

Hope this helps!

Joe Meno
.space paparazzi!
Assistant Event Coordinator, BrickFest 2004
See you in Arlington!

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com