 Events / BrickFest / 22
Re: video file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:35:22 GMT

I agree that the cameras where not in the best places last year... We do need
to put them in better locations.
We discussed having the cameras again this year.  So that those that cannot
come, can still see some of what is going on.

I'd like to see your MPG's

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Bill Bourn writes:
I know it says 2001, but last year you had a couple of webcams set
up and recorded a bunch of still pictures at some unspecified
interval.  I surmise that the interval was approximately 14 seconds. I
took the series of pictures from each of the cameras and combined them
into a couple of MPGs. Pretty funny stuff, but I did cut off the late
night boring series of pictures of empty tables, etc.
  Anyhow, I have a couple of observations about the process.  The
camera placement (apparently on a table) was too low for effective
coverage of the room involved. The higher the placement the less
likely someone's midsection is to get "star" billing, for instance.
  The coverage of the "giant pile" is the cutest and its ebb and flow
over time would benefit most from a high angle picture series,
especially at a shorter period between exposures.
   I hope there will be a similar setup for this year's festivities.

Billb.

Christina Hitchcock
Event Coordinator
WAMALUG