 Events / BrickFest / 1022
1021  |  1023
Subject:
Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:29:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

What a great 3 days it was...

First off, I want to thank the entire Brickfest staff for organizing such a
wonderful event.  Every year it just keeps getting better and better.
Brickfest has become a permanent holiday on my calendar!

Second, I would like to thank Lego for supporting the event by supplying
some of the awards as well as having personnel attend the show for various
talks and such. A special thanks to Erik, the master builder from Lego who
attended and gave a talk.  He went well over his time to answer everyone's
questions and show off some of his private work.  I sure hope Lego continues
this tradition of sending a master builder to each event

It was great to talk to people face-to-face and discuss their use of the
brick.  Sadly for all the people I did get a chance to talk to, there were
many more that I didn't due to a lack of time.  But I just want to give
everyone a nod for bringing such inspiring creations to Brickfest.  New
creations are posted to Lugnet everyday, but nothing can compare to being
able to see the creations in person.  The most wonderful thing about the
fest is that the creations span a huge range of categories and ideas.  So
for a person like me who builds a little in every category, it was truly
awesome.  So thanks again for everyone who brought a creation to Brickfest
and shared your ideas and building techniques with the rest of us.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to discuss my creation (1) with
me.  I enjoyed having the opportunity to share one of my creations with all
of you and I really appreciated the feedback that I got about it.  I found
that after each discussion, I was walking away with new points of view and
some excellent ideas that I hope to incorporate into some future creations.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who voted for me to win Best non-castle MOC
(2).  It was a great honor and has definitely spurred me to keep building
and increase my involvement with the Lego community.

Thanks again to all,
  Jim F.

- I apologize if some of this doesn't read well, but that is what happens on
limited sleep :)

1) Pictures are coming soon to brickshelf
2) I would like to thank the guys that spent most, if not all, weekend
creating all the wonderful awards and personnel items.  Some people may not
care for "modifying" the brick, but the work they did was truly impressive.