 Events / BrickFest / *3158 (-100)
  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

(...) 42 DAYS!!!.. oh wait I knew that ;-) See you all soon! ~Christina (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

On Fri, July 1, 2005 12:36 pm, John Barnes said: (...) John, I plan on bring at least one of everthing on your list. However, unlike in previous years, winning all the competitions is not my primary goal. I have several interesting entries, so it (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

BrickFest 2005 event planning and space allocation is in process. It would really help the planning process to get some idea of what competitions you might be planning on entering, and what Technic, Mindstorms or Great Ball Contraption MOCs you be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hanging asteroids (was: Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!)

(...) You could set up all the hang points in advance, and just hang paper clips as placeholders until the asteroids show up. There are all sorts of devices for (URL) hanging things from acoustic tiles> - a bunch of (URL) these> would break up the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Hanging asteroids (was: Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!)

David Gregory wrote in late April: (...) Space co-coordinator Daniel Rubin replied: (...) My suggestion: rather than hanging each individual asteroid from the ceiling, which would entail much climbing on ladders (8 feet? 10?), construct a framework (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:IIwt8z.1831@lugnet.com... (...) I have a variety of medieval and renaissance music in MIDI or Noteworthy Composer format, that I have arranged for the early music group I organise. I would be (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) Ed, Benjamin has it absolutely correct. Each of the first 50 entrants will each receive 50 gold bricks. Good luck building, - Jim F. (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

(...) Todd, I at one time used to write techno tracks and have some songs that *may* be appropriate for your needs. I, however, will not be able to come to Brickfest this year (NMRA commitments overruled that), but could possible bring a CD for you (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

Are you musically talented with digital music or keyboards? I need one or more people to create Acid Music Loops, Smartsound loops, or other for a DVD project associated with BrickFest 2005. Essentially, I need instrumental pieces of a variety of (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) I just realized my sentence is equally confusing. We each get 50 bricks. so LEGO is giving away a total of 2500 gold bricks. Ben (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hi Ed, I just got my confirmation email back from LEGO and the first 50 people will get 50 2x4 gold bricks to incorporate into their design. I want to build Louis Sullivan's Golden Entrance to the Transportation Building from the Chicago Worlds Fair (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) Can you get some clarification for us Jim? I appears that the last sentence of the quote indicates a singular brick, not multiples. Thanks, Ed (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hey gang, I was asked to pass on the following information in regards to the "Build the Trust" competition occuring this year at Brickfest: “Did we ask for too much in our “Build the Trust” registration? All we really need to know right now is that (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Bring Out Yer Dead!

I have too few (URL) zombies>. I want lots and lots of zombies for my Moonbase layout. So I am making a call to all Brickfest attendees: Bring more zombies! They are made of 1 of 3 heads, either the Harry Potter troll, Darth Vader, or Frankenstein. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brikwars?

(...) While I would be glad to help should somthing take shape I have never even attended a big game and have only a simplistict understanging of the rules so I probably can't be of that much utility actual game wise. But if somthing does come up I (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brikwars?

(...) Right now there is no Gaming Coordinator for BrickFest and no one has stepped up to plan a BrikWars game. If you are interested, that would be great! We are planning a short game of (URL) BrickQuest> in the Castle room and a few other little (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Brikwars?

Just wondering if there is a plan for this year. Already tried posting to .gaming. (URL) The reply is just me sorry for being a wimp ;>. Sorry I love playing but have no one to play with :< so gamming with frequent players would be a real treat. (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Where to go in Washington area?

After attending BrickFest I intend to stay about two weeks in the US. I'm from the Netherlands, don't know the Washington area and don't have any specific plans yet. My question is what location in the wider area around Washington you would (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Metal keychains to help Bram get to Brickfest!

I have just seven metal 2x4 brick keychains left, and since I no longer have access to a CNC machine, I will not be making more. (URL) I have four aluminum and three brass keychains which I would like to offer in exchange for donations to help me (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

(...) The following website may be useful to those of you planning on entering the Building The Trust contest. It contains blueprints and photos of many of the locations. (URL) great link was recently sent to me so it will be added to the website (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Volunteers!

Come out and get involved. Please note, if you already have offered to help at BrickFest, due to a web glitch, some requests may have not made it to me. Therefore, if you did volunteer to help for BrickFest, and you have not heard from me please (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info - Update

(...) I’ve gotten a few email form people who were having problems reserving the hotel online. I’ve been assured by the Hilton Arlington that this "glitch" has been fixed. Additionally, I had them swap 10 rooms with King Sized beds for 10 double bed (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

(...) I'm forwarding this response on behalf of The LEGO Group: "We want to thank the community for early response and enthusiasm. To ensure that all scales are represented we've amended the official rules so you can enter in either micro, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2005 - Mecha Room Update!

Well people, let's get this show on the road, shall we? First off, I'd like to remind everyone to fill out the MOC Cards on the BrickFest webpage. It's pretty important, since all models with cards get priority for space. If something doesn't have a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha) !!

  EVIL ENGINES at BrickFest 2005

Warlords of the Realm, hail! (squeaky trumpet sound) I hereby do announce that BrickFest 2005 Castle Room will be hosting the EVIL ENGINES catapult competition! All elligible catapults will of course work (they will launch a lego projectile of your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: BrickFest DC 2005 Technic/Mindstorms events

Great!!! Today I started to think how to recue the miner, I have a doubt about the cage dimension is 6x6x5 (stud) right? Best Regards Gustavo Lugenet 566 Santiago Chile (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Haha, Brian! You called me on my bluff! But really, there will be more than enough room. Make sure you make a MOC Card for the BIA, and I'll make sure I have some extra width for it! -Lenny (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest DC 2005 Technic/Mindstorms events

BrickFest is coming and the robots are getting restless! Competition robots that is. Yes, BrickFest is just two months away and its time to start tuning up your competition robots. There are four competitions this year, look at (URL) for more info. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !!

  A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005

A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005 (URL) One of the key parts of activities at BrickFest™ is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences, and learn from each other. So, once again we would like to offer an invitation to all individuals, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Hi Lenny, I'm trying to get my schedule switched around so I can come to BrickFest again this year. If I can make it, I'd like to bring my newest BIA. This is the last time it was displayed in February, however it's grown a lil' since then (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

The BrickFest link page says that the Original LEGO Model can be built in MINILAND scale: (...) Can I build a Historic Site replica building in this scale to show more accurate details? Ben (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Excellent Ben, thanks for the back up! See you at BrickFest. (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Dark Room @ Brickfest is still on

No this has not gone away. The room with black light and a dark section for self lit mocs is still on and since we dumped the idea of it being a themed room it means the skies the limit. (so yes Larry you can bring a piece of straight track with a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest The BrickFest Team is proud to announce its participation in celebrating the LEGO Group’s 50th anniversary of its System of Play by hosting a competition for the adult LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Janey, If you need some support, I got your back. (and I have greenbacks on my side...) ;) Ben (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  MOC Cards are GREAT!! was Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Yes, Larry understands me well. And actually, there is a bit of information about HOW to fill out your MOC card for Moonbase modules in the original announcements that would also help out. MOC Cards are AWESOME!!! -Lenny (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Translation: Fill out the MOC Card form! That's how the coordinators know what's coming and how they can plan. Big OR small, every creation that shows up should have a MOC card in the system... it really really really helps a lot. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Exactly my idea Bruce. Also, people can contribute by bringing maintainence crews, etc. I'd love to see a bunch of little maintainence rovers and whatnot. Stuff like that would be in the running for Best Detail - we want to see small stuff (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Actually, from this (URL) it looks like it was 2x2. 4x4 is pretty darn huge - that would be 60 inches x 60 inches - or 5ft by 5ft. That would be great. If something that big just happens to show up at fest, Dan and I will make whatever changes (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Hey Lenny, That's a great idea. Interspersing some "parking lot" spaces between the modules also makes it possible for a lot of people who can't bring full modules to participate in the layout by adding their small ships. Bruce (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Thanks for the response. Just to be devil's advocate, what if another BlackTron Intelligence Agency super module comes along? It was about 4x4 baseplates I think... (I only wish I had that many bricks...) I'm sure somebody out there right now (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

"Leonard Hoffman" <lahoffma@mailer.fsu.edu> wrote in message news:IHGxDv.1FDG@lugnet.com... (...) She doesn't have anything *for* you either... But she *will* be there! (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) For items that are being sold on behalf of their owners, the sale proceeds go to the seller, except for an auctioneer fee(1), which goes to the BrickFest general fund. We had several (big ticket, in some cases) items like that last year. For (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) I wish I could be there... Larry, to whom do the auction proceeds go? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Um... what's in it for me? (1) (...) 1 - whatever you do has to be "under the table" because I don't take bribes. (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

On Thu, June 2, 2005 12:10 pm, Janey Cook said: (...) So, I need to distract Leah... ok. But, I'm not going near Lenny. (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) I would be willing to take that bribe. And Leah doesn't have anything on me. -Lenny "Hot Stuff" Hoffman (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Good. (...) Hey, you are a scary guy.... (...) Yes, yes you are. (...) Funny, I owe him a number of pints, too! Do I need to take out a mortage on my house for this auction???? Larry, do me a fav, don't start the auction until I am in the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Not going there... (...) But LEGO makes the lightup.... Not going there either... But if it makes Janey "in your face" uncomfortable (and I'm a pro at that) to be tag-teamed (auction-wise), then yes, I'll take all the help I can get! Besides, (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) HEY!! No fair!!! Steve I thought you were my friend!!! (POUTS, with much feet stomping and whining)! Geesh, no tag teaming me! Besides, I am already losing money once I have to trade my pretty Canadian bills into greenbacks. Come on, if you (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

On Thu, June 2, 2005 10:00 am, Janey Cook said: (...) Rob, Tell me if you need to borrow some money. Steve (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Well frankly Larry, I know it's Lego up for auction, and it's revenge. I have a score to settle! Right Jimi, errrr Rob? Janey "Revenge is bitter sweet, Red Brick" (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Awesome! Janey's planning to outbid Rob without even knowing what's up for auction yet... LOL. But I can see where she's coming from. We're sure to have some great items! ... we just don't know what they are yet! If you have an item you'd (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) It is great news, sounds like we are going to have an amazing event. I personally can't wait! But WUSS(1) ummmmm I mean Jimi, shoot, I mean Rob, I am only coming if you have bells on! (1) This reference is to last year, when Rob out bid me at (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

Holy Awesome BrickFest, Batman!!!...!!! I'll be there with bells on(1)!!! Rob (and Leah) (1) - no, not really with bells on, but I'll be there ;) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) I have a nickle towards your fair. Plus Tim Courtney will buy your drinks, that's what I heard. Find a roomie and you just need meal money. k? e (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

(...) Sigh...if I were a rich man...I would go...but as it is... :-/ -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

Awesome post. Thank you! Added to the sidebar -[build.mecha]- under "Mech Expo". e (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest NEWS!

Oh my Goodness! (highlighted) e (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest NEWS!

Think this year is going to be the same ol' (URL) Think that you can put off coming a year? Well, we have some news that might make you reconsider! The BrickFest organizers have invited a number of representatives from the LEGO Group to attend, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:IHF802.yIp@lugnet.com... (...) Hey, Jude, don't make it bad Take the mostest fun BrickFest ever and make it better :) Rob (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) So, for those people who don't make it this year, will it will be all downhill starting in 2006? :P Jude (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) Along with the thinness, we are also going to arrange modules so that tall ones are behind the short ones. The display is going to be ~3 modules wide, so it would work like Tall-Medium-Short. This should give equal viewing access to all of the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005

(...) With the moonbase longer and thinner, spread out in the lobby, it should look really great. A suggestion though, to help avoid the "crowding" of last year, why not add more blank plates, and more simple corridors. Generally (but not always) (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest news

I’ve gotten several email telling me that it's been a little quiet over on BrickFest. I can assure you, we are not slaking off. We are just getting all our ducks in a row. The contact us page is now working, as is the presentation form and MOC (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general) !!

  Space! at BrickFest 2005

Space! at BrickFest 2005 Dan Rubin and Lenny Hoffman are the Space theme coordinators. Jon Palmer is helping with planning for the Moonbase, and Jeff Stembel is handling all things Mecha. First off, we have the 3rd floor lobby for the (URL), as well (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) This is such a neat project Steve, thanks so much for organizing it. Several people have emailed me having seen it on other sites like: (URL) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

As previously announced (URL), we will be assembling a Great Ball Contraption (URL) at this year's BrickFest. At the same time, we will be attempting to set a new world record for the Largest Rube Goldberg machine (URL) with our Great Ball (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce) !

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Team is calling upon clubs with members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) Several babushkas(1) are disappointed, and several are breathing easier! (those that are still breathing, that is) But I think the person MOST relieved is Derek, as his competition went way down. (...) I think Captain Cool Guy aced you out of (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The BrickFest Team

(...) I'm pleased to announce the addition of two more people to the team. Mosaic and Sculpture Display Coordinator - Felix Greco Bionicle Coordinator - Marc Reinhardt BrickFest is still seeking assistance from individuals that would be interested (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) My trip to Russia fell through and so did my bid for county selectman of Space. So, count me in unless the position has been taken. I've emailed Christina as well. Felix (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) I like the ants idea. What you could have is a "home base" or somewhere the RCX's can return to (some simple sensor based thing), and then a feeding area. In between you have any number of obstacles. The RCX's draw, or follow lines left by (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) I've never thought of doing it at a mass event (OK, possibly because I've not been to any), but I've thought of doing it on my own. I suspect the biggest drawback is having your RCX's already built into a MOC to bring to BrickFest. (...) If (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) I would, but it's on the wrong end of the country... Heck, I wasn't even able to make it to the PDX event! (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) That's up to John Barnes as Technic/Mindstorms coordinator. It would require a dedicated space all fest, which is hard to come by, and people to coordinate/monitor it, as well as people to devise the standards (may be the same people). So (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Which I agree would be a very cool thing to see, especially with some strategic filming. Is there not room for both? Again, it would be neat to include Spybotics as well - depending on the behaviour you are trying to get. (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Hi! Cool. Now I'm a cohort ;-) (...) Well, sort of... the robotic forklift I brought to HoB is currently the most complex module (that I *know* about) that requires an RCX, but there are some other options. A ball-sorting mechanism is (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) TOTALLY agree. Not saying it's not relevant to robotics, there is lots of clever mechanical stuff to be learned from GBC... Just saying it's somewhat in a different direction from leaving a bunch of identical RCX based autonomous mobile (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Not having an RCX does not necesarily make it irrelevant to robotics. I consider automatons fairly relevant - and the technique of getting a single motor to do many things is a very valuable one, especially considering the IO limitations of (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Right, but haven't you and your cohorts (Hi Brian!) been busily proving that there hasn't yet been a mechanism that NEEDED an RCX? Most of the GBC modules are (brilliantly, elegantly...) purely mechanical except for the train ball return, and (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

On Sat, May 21, 2005 2:37 pm, Suz said: (...) Suz, While it's not exactly a 'simulation', there is a community project for the robotics/technic areas this year. More will be announced soon, but you can get started by looking here: (URL) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) Speaking of Vote Counting... Mosaic/Scultpure needs a coordinator for this year's BrickFest. Several people were ALMOST tricked into (...ahem, convinced to help the community out by) doing it but each had some lame excuse like going to Russia, (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) I don't think it really is a question of your behavior, Peter. The rule is that you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will assume any liabilty and/or act on your behalf in case anything happens. On a lighter note, I do hope this (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) <Snip> (...) Hey Peter, I'm not an official Brickfest person or anything, but I can answer you're questions. You can certainly bring MOCs regardless of age. One of the Castle guys last year was underage and brought some great MOCs. Also, (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) Quite sorry for neglecting my email for so long! Just checked my in box and found Christina's reply to my question there too. I keep forgeting that people somtimes reply in email form. As to my age: Whoops I just checked my profile and (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

I've wondered about this for over a year now, but haven't brought it up because of not making it to the BF events. Now I can't stand it anymore and must ask. Have RCX owners considered pooling their units to run an event-long simulation? Each of us (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

(...) What?! Wait! Oh-nooooo... One day left. Okay, looking for a pencil now. -Suz (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The BrickFest Team

Many of the Display Coordinators and other members of the BrickFest team have already started posting here and in various groups and other websites about this years event. I’m pleased to formally announce these great volunteers and contributors. (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.vignette)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

(...) Submissions are due May 22nd! The entry deadline is fast approaching :-) Send ideas and entries to info@brickfest.com Christina Hitchcock & The BrickFest Team August 12-14th 2005 www.brickfest.com (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Mecha at Brickfest 2005!

Fellow mecha pilots, I am pleased to announce that we will have a room of our own at Brickfest 2005! At this time, I'd like to open up the floor to ideas and proposals for programming, events, and contests. I'm hoping we can get some discussions or (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005

Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™ 2005. For those of (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2005 - Micro and Vig Contests

Hello all... Last year I had the pleasure of being the Micro Display Coordinator for BrickFest and this year I will be continuing that role. We have BIG plans for Micro this year! From a few sneak preview pics I have had the pleasure of viewing, I (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX) !!

  Re: FAQ Help

(...) Thanks for clearing that up. (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: FAQ Help

(...) Hello Peter, Both you and an adult would need to register for the event. The adults account would need to be set up first and then he or she would register you under the account. Christina (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  FAQ Help

I’m a tad confused by the brickfest faq. I am under 18 (but still out of the recommended age and outside what I assume would be the socially exactable range among peers in my age group) and wish to attend Brickfest on days other than the public (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration is now available via the website. BrickFest 2005 August 12-14th Washington, DC (URL) first step is to set up your Account. Or you may have one already from last year. The account allows access to resources as well as your (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

(...) DUDE! That would be an awesome model for USD 10.00! Do you have the parts sources to supply 200 copies at that price point? If you do, you've got my vote! (not that we're voting)... If not... er... well... nice try. (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

(...) Here's my submission: (URL) (grins, ducks, and runs!) Jeff (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact