 Events / BrickFest / *3058 (-100)
  BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

Hi all, The BrickFest Team, would like to invite all members of the AFOL community to submit model designs for consideration to be produced as the BrickFest 2005 event Kit! The BrickFest Event Kit is a small LEGO kit to commemorate BrickFest 2005. (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Maybe that train needs a BNSF logo (as in Bionicle Northern-Santa Fe)? EG...I couldn't resist the jab... Scott (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) If you're going ahead with this, leave it open to anybody who wants to display a MOC in the "dark room". Lit up space, town, sculpture, train, whatever. It's all good. Adrian (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

Ok, There seems to be enough interest in this to run with it. Now the question seems to be do we present this as a moonbase or do we present it as just a collection of mocs? I was kinda leaning towards moonbase but if thier is a lot of people who (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

My one warning would be to check with the event insurance company. They wll likely say something alon gthe lines of guide lights (i.e. light ropes and emergency exit lighting) would be a minimum to prevent a noticeable incerease in the cost of said (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) For folks (like me) who have had crowns, caps or other dental work, just remember this.... if you smile in a dark room with UV lights, your smile is going to make you look like a smiling Halloween Jack-O-Lantern! Gary Istok (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Yep - wear your NWBrickCon '04 t-shirt... Frank (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) SPACE!! Oh wait, I'm a .trains guy. Anyhow, I think this sounds like a really fun idea. The 'ice-planet orange' and 'trans neon green' pieces would really light up under black light. I'd suggest the various SPACE folks wear tshirts that would (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Na, we're done. I realised that, when it comes to trains, I'm picking on a crip, all that Bionicle stuff has stunted your abilities... I'll admit it is likely to glow in the dark nicely though. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Are you kidding? This thing was built specifically to tweak the trainheads. I'd be disappointed if Lar resisted the temptation for some light smack. Bring it on, brutha! (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Hrmmm, the trans orange color seems to do *almost* as good, but I agree that the antifreeze green is quite brilliant. Real blacklights would help the effect. Those little UV LEDs are cool, but lack the umph required for groovy effects... Rob (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

On Thu, April 28, 2005 11:05 am, John Barnes said: (...) I've been trying to figure out what kind of "robot" to build for the dark room... I'm sure I'll come up with something. Steve (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) I can appreciate that it does not fit the commonly accepted standard of what a "Model Train" looks like. However, to say that it is "Not a train" is of course, just a fun taunt! Christina (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

By complete coincidence, I built a UV light brick for the LUCNY train layout at Ithaca last weekend. (It was just a black 2x2 brick with small UV LEDs sticking up in each of the four hollowed out studs. The idea is you can put trans 2x2 round bricks (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Some areas can't go completely black because of the emergency lighting. Rooms like 336 (where the Moonbase was last year) can go completely dark. Christina (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) I was just about to say something similar. I also vote for a single Moonbase display that can just glow when we turn the lights off. WE can have scheduled black light times for the private as well as public periods of the fest. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Maybe we can make everyone that goes in there while it's dark sign a waiver form? "I hereby absolve BrickFest and the organizing committee, and GMU and the Arlington government and in fact, everyone, except me (and Steve DeCraemer), of all (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Dude, that is so NOT a train. Train wheels or not. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Um, sorry if what I said didn't quite come out right! I was citing trains merely to show that the idea of lights is not unheard of, and that it works well. NOT trying to suggest that this idea be inclusive. I agree, stick to space this year. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

I'm down with that. I'll do it. Count me in. I'll help. I love lights in MOCs and have many also. Plus the larger idea of having a special room for "Lighted Effects MOCs", well, it's time has come. Perhaps. So more over, and as well as helping you (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) (URL) Trans neon pieces in black light? I thought you said trains neon pieces! Dang. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Yes, trains could be cool, but I think at least this year I would want to keep it "space" oriented. Maybe a space monorail or a space train lay out with the train looking real futuristic or high tech, maybe even looking like mining cars (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:IFMx19.nCI@lugnet.com... (...) I would be concerned about the safety issue here and local firecodes, occupancy codes, etc. just my .02457 Rob (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) I agree. Model Railroads in the dark are often fun too if they have a lot of interior lights and stuff. Xposted to .events.brickfest and .space with FUT to .events.brickfest, (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Team invites the designers and artists of the AFOL community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2005 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 6th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The graphic will be (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2005

(...) Paul's post just reminded me that I forgot to pick up something at the Fest last year. No, it's not an emergency, I didn't cut off my finger off with my Dremel (yet). Christina actually has been personally babysitting my item ever since I (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2005

(...) Your stuff? I heard it it got horribly changed in a freak Dremel accident. These sorts of requests might be better handled offline, not sure. XFUT off-topic.fun (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2005

(...) Hello Paul, This is the first I have heard that you did not receive the stuff your asked for. So sorry to learn this. I have your email request dated 8/7/2004, I'd be happy to send you what I have. Christina (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

me too... Rob "Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IF0Hq9.1HFI@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2005

Remind me to ask you what happened to my stuff from last year's BF :-) Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG in California... (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Announcing BrickFest 2005

Hi All, There has been much anticipation about this summer's BrickFest and we are now happy to officially announce that BrickFest '05 is happening! It will be held at GMU (George Mason University) in Arlington, VA (just outside of Washington, DC) on (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Lego company survey now on LegoFan.org

The LEGO company would like to understand their consumers better and they need YOUR help! LEGOFan has been working very closely with the LEGO company recently to help develop and promote an online survey that helps them better understand their (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Is Brickfest DC 2005 going to happen?

(...) BrickFest will take place this year, and it will take place in August. The venue search is the main issue, as finding the right balance of price and space has proven to be very difficult. To complicate things, GMU is scheduled to have a (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Is Brickfest DC 2005 going to happen?

Does anyone know if Brickfest is going to happen in DC in 2005? I know that the coordinators have been looking for a place bigger than GMU to have it, but I thought that they would've either announced something here on LUGNET or on the Brickfest (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) Hay Bret, Thanks for the suggestions. I have met with the Expo Center and discussed our needs and what they could offer. It has not been ruled out as an option. Finding a venue with enough space is the challenging part. I spent Friday visiting (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) How about the Dulles Expo center?? (URL) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) Thanks! will do. Christina (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) hey christina, when you start getting things rolling for this years event let me know what i can do to help. i no longer have any scheduling issues so i can get as involved as needed. talk to ya soon, ondrew (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) oooooh hopefully if ya'll have it this summer, I can make it while I'm working in the DC metro area (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2005

(...) Hi Joe, I am working on this and will post when I have more information to pass along. As some of you may know, I am exploring other venues. BrickFest has outgrown GMU and we are excited to be looking for a facility that will better serve our (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2005

Anything? Anyone? Hello... When, Where etc. I must schedule my vacation time ASAP and I must make it if BrickFest 2005 is happening.. (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption 2.0

(...) ... (...) But wait, there's more... First, a friend (another Bryan) came over with his module, and then the next day, we had a club meeting, where our whole LEGO club had modules. After running Bryan's for a bit, I considered adding a "Maximum (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  The Great Ball Contraption

In an attempt to provide Technic & Mindstorms builders the same cooperative building opportunity that's available to Moonbase, Castle, and Town/Train builders at Brickfest, we present to you: The Great Ball Contraption. When it's assembled at (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at Brickfest 2004 Photos

Hey guys, You ever have one of those nights where you sort your music collection, sort of like John Cusack in High Fidelity and browse through old photographs? No? Well, here's some photos from BrickFest 2004: (URL) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD Sneak Peak

The project is getting very close to the burn point, so much so I can almost hear the whirl of the DVD burner. I wanted to give everyone a sneak peak of at least one of the slide shows. I will be following this up with a few more previews in the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

Fellow LUGNET Members, The DVD is nearly finished and we are now in need of funds to purchase the necessary components to manufacture the DVD. Please goto to the web site below and follow the direction for purchase a BrickFest 2004 Commemorative (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Help Needed: Lost Pieces

Hello everyone, At BrickFest this year I bought the Dragon Fortress Set. When I was rushing to pack (I almost missed my plane), I opened the box to take the individual bags of pieces and put them in my packing box. Just this past week I got my (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brick Fest 04 Pics Galore!

(...) maybe it went over some heads. but the above is a joke. i have full confidence that it can do what eric says it can. ugh. (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brad Ventura goes to Brickfest

(...) Brad is here in Carlsbad with me for a while. He's enjoying his stay and had a lot of fun visiting LEGOLAND California. (URL) I will email Terry with pictures and a full update, once I know I have the right email address. Aaron Sneary (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Finally, BrickFest04 photos!

(...) Fradel, I don't care how much junk I got in the trunk, I am not an object. (URL) Pick your jaw up off the floor.> -nk (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Finally, BrickFest04 photos!

(...) Ah ha! my picture is off, yours rocks, you rule Bram. Damn its not easy taking a picture where that thing is located. ;) Looking forward to post moderation. e (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Finally, BrickFest04 photos!

I finally got my photos up, about 100 of MOCs (mostly (URL) SPACE>) and an equal number of people pics. (URL) Hopefully moderated soon...> --Bram (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Best Mecha & Bionicle Awards Brick Fest 2004 (My Report)

(...) I think that number exceeds the age of the universe in seconds. BrickFest is a "mere" 496,800 minutes away! -Ted (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Just a pair of Brickefest 2004 Galleries...

It's now been three weeks since my first Brickfest, and I'd like to give a hearty thank-you to EVERYBODY who made it possible. It was beautiful... it was impressive... and it was fun, too! But, there was so much to see and do, it was easy to get (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Best Mecha & Bionicle Awards Brick Fest 2004 (My Report)

I'd like to take this opportuity to point out this year's Best Mecha Awards for (URL) Brick Fest 2004>. (URL) The SciFi: Mecha/Bionicle Room was attended by many Fest goers and was populated by some great Models. During Sunday; the day the public (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !

  Re: lugnet.events.brickfest

(...) Congrats to all that participated, here is a list and pics of the (URL) winners.> Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) I think you are all missing the point of my post. I was responding to the suggestion that the price should be raised. This was not made my Todd but by someone with no involvement with the process. I trust Todd. If he says he can do it for $5, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) Wow, that's the patented rtlToronto response to anyone whining. :) (...) You know, I don't agree with Larry a lot, but I must agree here. I was stunned at how low the $5 USD offer was at BrickFest. If I were doing it, I wouldn't ask for (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) Hi Todd, Just wondering, will the DVD be readeable for all zones ? I saw part of BF via the streaming, the pictures and the 3 web cams (thanks for those !) and seeing more video would be great ! Gael "Khan" FRAZIER <gael.frazier@freelug.org> (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) snip (...) This is SO AWESOME. As someone who had attended several previous BF, not attending this year was a real bummer. The ability to see people and stuff I missed would be so awesome. This is easily worth $10 to me. I think it should be (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) There's no "project" , there's no "budget", it's one guy trying to do something cool for the community. But since you want to nail it down to the penny, you left out some vital things : - time it takes to compile such a DVD - time + efforts it (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) I think you forgot the cost of processing individual PayPal payments which is not trivial. But I think rather than questioning Todd (in absentia, after all it was a suggestion by others that the price be raised because we're concerned that he (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) Suddenly, this thread has taken a sour turn. I don't know Todd, but I've see his sumo robots, and I'm willing to bet the budget for this project has been equally well thought out. I suspect the DVD budget planning committee sat down on Friday (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) Now I agree that the volunteers putting this together are doing a great service but the "cost" of the DVD is, what, 50 cents for the blank DVD, 50 cents for the cover, and 50 cents for the cover. That's $1.50. You can ship anywhere in the US (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

On 09:55 08/27/04, Abe Friedman wrote (...) (Not speaking as an official of BF) Like the pins and some other stuff, things like the DVD are really powered by the volunteers (in this case, Tom) and the price is basically just enough to cover the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) $5? $6? Makes no difference to me since it's worth it but didn't BrickFest just get $7,500 for the Sunday influx of people (1500 x $5). Do we really need to nickle and dime folks over the DVD? Abe (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Baldly building where no man has built before

I thought the Event Kit for Brickfest was a fantastic model. Of all the MOCs at BF, I would say it was in the top ten!!! I wanted to build mine while I was still in D.C., but my hotel room didn't have a good building space. However, I eventually (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) I agree. I'll gladly pay $6 for the DVD. (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

As an AFOL unable to attend this years event, I would gladly contribute an even $6 for the fund. Thanks, Todd. Bryan Kinkel "Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:I30DF7.Ftw@lugnet.com... (...) Commemorative (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:I30DF7.Ftw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Todd - The e-mail address you posted with bounces (at least for me anyway). Is it correct? Mike (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

On 14:22 08/25/04, Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) I agree. Just make it $6, give the early payers a bonus. Any left over rolls to the next community event DVD project... --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : Promoting more (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rob Doucette wrote: SNIP (...) I'd pay 6. McDonalds Happy Meal pricing has been going up too. Small snag: he already collected some funds. Easy fix: They get a deal because they paid early! Hope that helps. Seriously, 6 (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

(...) SNIP Todd, why not kick the price up to $6 and see what's left over after all of your costs are deducted. Use any left over funds for next year's fest. -Rob. (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD

Attention BrickFest 2004 Attendees and Non-Attendees, I am overwhelmed by the incredible interest in the BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD that will feature video clips and pictures from the 5th Anniversary BrickFest. I want everyone to know that we (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events) !

  Re: New Caption Contest!

"So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth." (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickCast 2004 Credits

(...) Thanks for making it possible, it was very nice to get a feeling of the atmosphere. Friday was fine, Saturday my connection unfortunately was poor and I missed most. Has anyone captured the stream to disk? /Lars (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  New Caption Contest!

Mark took probably the funniest picture I have ever seen: (URL) And now I'm throwing the Caption Contest! Reply to this thread with your funniest caption for the above photo. In two weeks, a select group of judges will pick a winner. What will that (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, FTX) !

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) LOL.. I most certainly did not say "Legos" but then again I did talk to her for over an hour... Over all I am quite happy with what was printed. -Christina Hitchcock (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Left behind at brickfest

(...) Hi Dan, I found it... drop me an email. I'll send him on his way... ASAP. Please send yorue address to my email GMU account. Christina (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  If you were wondering about the BrickFest Event Kit...(thanking the vendors and help)

yep, this kit was put together the week before BrickFest, thanks to the following vendors: Precious Princess, Bricks without Mortar, Limerick's Pot of Gold, Trader Moe's, Bartering the Brick, Active Builders, A Brick Apart, AVHG Legos, and of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Castle displays pilfered :(

(...) This is so pathetic. Grown people stealing toys... I kept a very lose eye on my MOCs, and my soldier figs. Perhaps the fact that they were terrorists fighting Chinese soldiers was a deterrent in and of itself. During Sunday I guarded my MOCs (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 'Cause what the world needs is yet another Brickfest 2004 Picture web page...

(...) Great pics Dave. It was a pleasure meeting you and that gesture had absolutely no reflection on the person behind the camera lens, it's just my inner devil trying to protect my karma. May I steal that one? Alway nice to have pics that make (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: HELP! Need Shipping Address

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Duane Hess wrote: (snip) Well! I thought I would extend a huge thank you to Christina, Larry, Soren and Kevin for all of the help in tracking down my sculpture and provide an update for them. After the sculpture was left (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) I think this is Michael Tighe (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  'Cause what the world needs is yet another Brickfest 2004 Picture web page...

Come one, come all, to yet another page of Brickfest 2004 pics!!!!! (URL) didn't take nearly as many pics as I planned, but then I was distracted the entire time by wiping drool off my chin due to fabulous MOCs... As well, Marie needed to be driven (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Allright, Here are the subtitles: Cecilie Beck: (host) LEGO today announced, that the group expects to reach a round zero result for this year. The announcement comes after the record-loss of last year at 1,4 billion Danish kroner. And now, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Net Transport can save that wmv file: (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

Y'know, Danish might be a fellow member of the Germanic branch of (URL) the Indo-European language group>, but (to my ears) those twangy tones just don't parse as a language; or maybe they've just been chopped to phonemic hash by the sputtering (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brick Fest 04 Pics Galore!

(...) Great pics, Eric--here's my favorite: (URL) It must have been taken in LA--look at the smog... Derek (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brick Fest 04 Pics Galore!

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Leonard Hoffman wrote: <SNIP> (...) The technology exists (LEGO Vision Command) and Jama is as capable as Eric has always described. I've had the pleasure of working with Eric on several occassions (specifically in (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2004 Thanks and Highlights

(...) Who would have thought that someone I didn't even know two days before would be willing to jump into a dumpster to look for my lost belongings? You rock, Jason. Also, my friend Joe took about 5 million pictures of the Discovery and the Leonov. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Has anyone figured out how to save the video clip to disk? Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Thomas' Brickfest Pics

Just in case you haven't had your fill of Brickfest pics: (URL) been to the D.C. Brickfest five years in a row, but I have been told if I try really hard they will let me graduate next year. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Hey, that wasn't John Barnes... Well, there's another 15 seconds off my fame-time. Even more, if you count my robots Steve (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Danish national TV2

(...) Well there was 5 seconds of my 15 minutes of fame. Very cool, that's a nice long piece with lots of good footage. jt (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: My Brickfest Pics

(...) superb! Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) On the whole a very nice article--much better than most in mainstream print. As always Cristina was sparkling. Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) She's paraphrasing what a child would say in reference to their own collection of LEGO bricks. No foul. Nice, job, Christina! (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Mocs, Smack, and a Pimp: my Brickfest 04' experience

(...) Oh, Keith, you poor misguided soul. Won't you ever learn? Derek doesn't like you. He only wants to be a consort..... As for the questionable commentary, that's one of the things that makes this community so much fun. (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact