 Events / BrickFest / *2658 (-100)
  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

(...) Please take any and all debate about the color change to lugnet.color, as it is off-topic for other groups. XFUT --> .color -Tim (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

(...) Wow. So you are annoyed that someone pointed to the lack of any mentioning of the colour change in this final version of the comic, despite the existence of related strips in the draft? In case you already forgot, the colour change was and (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Registration ends - August 1st !

(...) -snip- (...) I signed up yesterday and sent my reg fee today. Yay! I can taste those two fine beverages now. I can hear the snaps of Moonbase modules connecting, ships landing, Mecha stomping, sheep baying, Trains crossing, Castle's seiging, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

(...) It was simply a joke... (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Eh, they aren't technically late until they start handing out boxes of the comic at Brickfest. Until then we're still just looking at a "sneak preview". (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Nothing there either. My comment stands. Thanks just the same, though. (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Um, try LEGOfan.org instead. LEGOfan.net was the proposed "community-owned site" (URL) announced> six months ago, with a domain name that was registered by Dan Boger. LEGOfan.org is the website cited in the official 1st issue of AFOLs, and was (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I think it would be really great if, by the time BrickFest rolled around, there was at least a table of links to other community sites at legofan.net instead of what is there now, which is nothing. Given the caliber of the people involved I (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Kids? What does this have to do with kids? AFOLs is intended as a means of reaching out to closet-AFOLs and AFOLs who are simply unaware of the magnitude of AFOL community out there. (...) If they point it to LUGNET, the 1000steine people (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

Dean, Can I have your mailing address? I need to send you a dead horse and an old style carpet beater.... you may rant and rave, but until you find the proper folks to address the issue at hand, I really don't think we need to keep hearing the same (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) OK, I just reread what Jake said, and I misread it the first time. I read 'in a month' instead of 'end of the month'. Even so, I feel everything I said is still accurate to the spirit of this issue as I see it. --Anthony (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I agree, Lugnet is the central point of English LEGO fan discussion. I personally find the idea that we're pointing kids to a site that doesn't exist in any real sense yet ludicrous; especially if we're going to hand these out at Brickfest and (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Not to quibble overmuch, but LUGNET is now and has been the central point for adult, English language (plus a couple of others under loc._), cross-themed-as-long...t-Bionicle discussion. Bruce (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) That's great Jake but I think you missed the point. LUGNET is now and has been the central point of LEGO fan discussion. The comic implies something different and that, to me, is where the others a coming from. That's not to say that LUGNET is (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) As has been discussed before, the intent of the LEGOfan site IS NOT to take away anything from any site that already exists. Rather, the purpose is to help provide a single point for people new to the community to get to all the other places (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I agree. I think the comic is great, and would love to have a copy and piles of them to give to people. But I think this one point spoils it for me. It strikes me as a snub to some very dedicated people and a large chunk of the fan community. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Registration ends - August 1st !

BrickFest is only one month away! BrickFest 2004 Washington, DC AUGUST 13-15 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! with community members from all over the world, community leaders hosting seminars, over 30 sessions, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.pa, FTX) !!

  Shopping at Brickfest

I have a question about the LEGO Outlet shopping experience at Brickfest this year. It's listed from 9:00am to 11:00am (actually 9:30 on Friday) each day. Is that the only time the "Brickfest" discount is available? I know last year, everyone (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!

(...) Just a quick folow up; here's an example of last year's BrickFest container & a few containers from other clubs, posted by Larry Pieniazek: (URL) NOTE: The containers are sitting on top of a train car within the picture. The train car itself (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book

snip I've often found that its usually not the kids that destroy things (although there are a few bad apples now and then), but more often--the parents that wind up breaking stuff because they don't know how much force they put on a delicate LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, don't look if offended

(...) Please take this to lugnet.color. -Tim XFUT --> lugnet.color (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

(...) For me, a posting like your funny intended one in this tread is very anoying. In my posting(two up in the tree) I've asked some polite questions about the subject, and the chance that these will ever be answered, might be reduced to nothing by (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, the text portion

Darn, my text got removed when I was looking up to see how to put a graphic inline. This parody is just to express, in some small way, my displeasure over the colour change. (I've now had some time to buy and play with some of these new colours and (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Parody, don't look if offended

(URL) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!

At BrickFest this year, attendants will have the opportunity to purchase 2 different containers, a BrickFest 2004 commemorative container & a ITLCO container. To help us with our planning process, please sign into your BrickFest account: (URL) click (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: AFOLs Comic book

(...) Two of my all time favorite AFOL event pics are from BricksWest that year. I have two excellent pics of Keith Goldman and Dan talking to wide eyed kids. Classic stuff. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book

(...) That's none other than Daniel Jassim! (...) Ya, he was really amazing with the kids at BricksWest 2003. Pretty much nonstop for several hours, kids were stopping by and he was tirelessly answering all their questions and showing them the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Probably since you peed on the driver side door handle of my car. (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Hey, apparently that's supposed to be me! :) Calum (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Calum Tsang wrote: the artist, (...) "Valued?" Really? Gosh... Since when? Sined, Greg (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Wow! I can't wait to see a copy! Anywayze, I'll be at BrickFest to hopefully sign a copy or to for anyone that wants it. I may also have the original art for sale, too (I don't know if I want to part with it yet, though). Also, for those of (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Greg and Jake, congratulations with the publication. I was hoping to see new gags added since the original preview, I'm glad this wish came through. I think it captures the AFOL spitit quite precisely at certain places. The right panel on page (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) You think so? I couldn't actually match it with confidence to any specific set. The head looks like a Bohrok head (but they don't come in boxes), but it looks like it's supposed to be gold colored. Having now taken the time to compare it to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

Todd- FYI, email sent to the address given for you with this post bounces back. -Ted (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Sorry you didn't get that joke. I actually said it right there: It's a 8593 (Makuta) on that page. (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) <snipped> (...) seal level eh? So you're admitting that the PDX builders had assistance from a slippery marine mammal? This means that the PDX record is even longer, as an 11th member of the team was added (the seal) without anyone noticing! (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Okay, that's slightly disturbing. One of the characters (black hair/glasses) looks (and, to a lesser extent, acts) like he could be a minifigurization of Warren from Absurd Notions. (...) Ah, so that would explain why the contest was posted to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Hey, if you think I'm wrong, then tell us what you think they are. (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) There's a reference we really were honoured to be a part of: The Lego club portrayed in pp7-9 is none other than rtlToronto, acknowledged by the artist, who is a valued member of our group. Little bits like the blue t-shirts with a white logo (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) You lose... Makuta owns you now... :-) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) Sign me up as well. Randall Lee Crabtree www.hardlug.org (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

In lugnet.events.brickfest, David Laswell wrote: <snip> (...) someonesetusupthelego.com? whatyousay.com? -Orion (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Crab? I thought it might be an airplane. (...) The grey box in the main cover panel? (...) *snigger* If I'm not mistaken, the box in the next panel is a 3807. (...) Hmm, I see your 4483 & 7470 and raise you a 6274 & 4706. I'm guessing that's (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Presumedly because TLC has no control over LUGNET content. Of course, Bricklink was still mentioned... (...) Dan from Peeron has the .com and .net domains (neither of which go anywhere), but TLC owns LEGOfan.org. They apparently picked it up (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Jake, you realize that you could easily go through all 10K at Comic-Con...probably on the first day, no less... I suppose you probably won't be bringing them all, so it looks like you'll have a lot of free time in San Diego! Derek (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) There's also a yellow box with what looks like a crab on the cover... hmmmm... [LEGOSet 4101] And I swear I saw the hailfire in there too... And of course the more obvious 7140 on p.4 4483 and 7470 on p.7 Man I'm very hot... (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:I0LwCI.LL8@lugnet.com... (...) shows (...) we get (...) And (...) Lugnet is mentioned in the credits, but I agree, it would be better to have Lugnet mentioned on that last page. I think there is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Woohoo! Hey, waitaminnit, I thought the title was going to be changed to something more non-AFOL-friendly... There was even a contest and everything. Oh well, at least the in-comic website got changed to something more immediately recognizable (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Wow, this is great! BayLTC has a GATS coming up on July 17-18. How can we get some in time for this? Why isn't LUGNET mentioned in it? LEGOFAN.org is just a parked domain...? And since LEGOFAN.org contains the LEGO trademark, how does that (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Yes, certainly. Because of the very shoestring budget of the comic printing, I was hoping to reduce some of the shipping costs by having people pick up comics at BrickFest. But if you can't make it, then we'll certain figure something else (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Yes, it's on the schedule at 1:00 each day. It will be a fun time for us robot/technic people to show off our stuff, in action... I plan on bring both of my Connect-Four robots, which are now able to play against each other, and/or anyone (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

John, I have signed up for Brickfest and have hotel reservations. I'll be bringing all the MOCs I have. I really like the feeding time idea. Has anything concrete come of this? Kevin (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Is there a way for people who are not able to attend in person to order a box of comics and some of the other items to be shipped to them? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) On the other hand, the Berlin builders had to fight the infamous "Berliner Luft", so I guess that evens out things a bit :P (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Pirates at BrickFest 2004

Hey folks, the castle, space, and train guys are all setting up big displays, and we only have one person besides myself indicating they are bringing pirate MOCs. If you plan to bring MOCs for general display, or for use in Evil Stevies Pirate Game, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) if it's on saturday i'm in. i've done this before so experince helps. as an added bonous i may be able to supply the set to build from as long as i get my parts back. ondrew (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

Todd- Count David and Thomas Michon in! This challenge to our LEGO-hood must not stand! -Ted (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brikwars at Brickfest?

Hey everyone, Is there any sort of Brikwars scenario scheduled for Brickfest? If there isnt I'd be happy to help set one up. Sean (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) Count me in. Dan BF PDX (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book

(...) I just wanted to make a quick comment on the comic book. Check out the bottom-left picture on page 16. The AFOL on the left is showing his creation to a group of kids. Look at the expression on the face of the kid in the middle - wide eyed and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) I worked on it last year, and I'd love to give it another go... Steve (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) I'm in. Nik Pieniazek (PDX team member, and you don't have to pay me.) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Hi All, The new AFOLs Comic books are NOW available!!! You may have seen Jake's announcement several months ago (URL) These books are for handing out at shows and events as a “recruiting” tool and to tell people about AFOLs. In a nutshell the comic (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Thuma wrote: ... (...) ... need some professional, well trained, fast, expierienced help to break the 60 minute mark? just fly me in :-) Regards, HoMa (PDX and Berlin record-breaker) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

BrickFest Attendees! I am excited to announce that BrickFest 2004 will be able to attempt to break the current record set recently by a 10 member team at 1000 Steine-Land of 1 hour 2 minutes and 28 seconds. This will be an all out attempt to break (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land) !!

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Snipped for brevity (...) I would also like to point out that the BrickFest PDX 2004 event was held at sea level and the latest "attempt" was carried out in Germany at an altitude greatly above sea level. The differences in atmospheric density (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Waitaminute! What's that attached to Ben's collar? Hmmmmmmmm... (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) <SNIP> Really? Subtracting on one side to make 10 and adding on the other to make 11 is not doing the same function on both sides. Just the maths pedant in me speaking, but last I checked, when doing statistical, numerical, any kind of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  So who showed up at the sigfig gathering at BrickFest PDX?

There was a gathering of Space sigfigs at BrickFest PDX this February, and they all got together for a group (URL) Who's sigfigs are going to show up at BrickFest 2004? The best way to find out is to bring yours to DC in August and join us! Joe Meno (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest DC 2004 Model Train Contest

As in past years, there will be a train MOC contest. I figure everyone knows what the train contest is, since it has been a BrickFest staple for many years. But in an effort to better inform everyone about the rules for the contest I have included a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Todd, Some (not-so-serious) Questions from the mathematically uninitiated: 1) Does 'stopping the time' count as a contribution? Isn't there usually some sort of official timekeeper separate from the team to keep things honest? 2) Does (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: OK, so spill it already. (was: Re: Color me surprised...)

(...) The BrickFest organizer(1) in me is forced(2) to point out that the correct way to refer to BrickFest is with the F capitalized. The one coming very soon, in Arlington VA, doesn't need a location qualifier the way BrickFest PDX did, because (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) I'm going to have to question you on that, Lar. Kevin spent a lot of fun time composing that reply. Sure, it is a shorter reply than Todd's, but Kevin is a bit .. umm.. slower. Each word he wrote filled Kevin with a giggly-joy that simply (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Maybe so, but mine was a joke too. So there, Lar, "plus plus" that, why don't ya? (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Maybe so, but Todd had more fun writing his post than you did. (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) SNIP of silly calculations (...) The eleventh man, Jan Beyer, is a LEGO employee who operated the stop watch. I wasn't there, I just read the list of names more carefully than you ;) ~Kevin (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Hold on a second! A clarification in this post must be made. There are eleven (11) people in the picture and eleven (11) people named in the effort. That means that 11 people completed the ISD build in 1 hour, 2 minutes and 28 seconds not 10. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) snip - (...) I see the rate's not on the hotel's web site, even with the BRI code, but by calling the 800 number I didn't have any problems. See you there! Kelly (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Attn BrickFest Attendees: Hilton Arlington still has availability! Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for Brickfest at a special rate of $89.00 plus tax per night, available August 12, 2004 - August 16, 2004. Please (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: WANTED: Brick Vendors for Brick Bazaar

(...) the (...) requested (...) Form> (...) offline (...) To clarify the vendor registration process a bit, registration is a two-step process. Sign up for tables at both the BrickFest website AND send me an email so I can contact you. In your (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  WANTED: Brick Vendors for Brick Bazaar

WANTED: Brick Vendors BrickFest DC Aug 13-15, 2004 (URL) BrickFest Website> Brick Bazaar at BrickFest 2004 is being planned bigger, better, and more organized than previous years. Any registered BrickFest attendee is welcome to bring some LEGO® (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

(...) Will you be attending BrickFest? Among all the wonderful things we are working on for BrickFest, creating a fun filled environment is at the top of our list. One way we hope to do this is by encouraging all of you who plan to attend, to bring (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Awesome work, guys! Unfortunately, it appears right now that I won't be able to make Brickfest--so no ISD build for me :( However, my reason for not making it to Brickfest will be officially LEGO-related if the dates don't slide...Bottom (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Are there still difficulties with getting the Thursday through sunday night discount rate? Should I just call the hotel directly and negotiate the rate with them instead? I just tried to do the online booking and lo, it continues to not work. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) They were provided by Abner, ask him for details ;) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Congratulations to the 1000Steine-Land builders! Though a noble cause, I still like the disposition of the Brickfest PDX ISD more;-D Wish I could have been there with you all! Schleim On, JOHN (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) What's with all of the plastic collars? I notice that the only person not wearing one is the LEGO employee. Those weren't explosive devices set to explode at the previous record's time as a means of motivating the participants, were they? ;P (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) (URL) The team (from left to right) Holger, Jan, Jan-Albert, Eddie, Juergen, Hendrik, (Jan Beyer form LEGO. He stopped the time) Dominik, Ben, Andreas, Bruno Yeah, the record is back in Europe :-) On Sunday morning a around 10 a.m. the team (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  New Washington Base Reporting! MOONBASE DC!

Hello spacers and spacettes, You've seen the announcment... you know the standard, now it's up to you! Moonbase is the centerpiece of the lego sci-fi display and we need all Scibrick members, scifi fans and cool folks like you to bring your modules! (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  ISD build record

1 hour, 2 minutes and 28 seconds -- Jan-Albert van Ree (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Moonbase inspiration from the classics

One of my favorite idea books is [LEGOSet 2501] especially because of these awesome space scenes. Classic space was certainly the best time for "official" greebling. (4 URLs) I like the first one so much I scanned my own copy and made some (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Some microfig inspiration from 1981

Here's some microfig stuff from [LEGOSet 2261] when cool stuff had to be made with simple parts. Hopefully, this might give some inspiration for the Brickfest Micro MOC Off. (5 URLs) I'm sure there are plenty more good examples in other old idea (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004...

Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004... The submittal deadline for sessions is this Friday, July 2, 2004. There are still some good time slots available, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up ASAP at: (URL) Also (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Yes and no - a return to the Brick is a plus, but the drain on the wallet (especially with an addictive personality) is a negative. Bob (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Best thing about a "dark age" is giving it up! (smile) Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Wow - cool looking stuff to be sure. Hmm, I wonder if my moonbase module (URL) Alpha-Omega Landing Pad> would have made a good micro? Dang Dark Ages... Bob (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Thanks for the link Bram, I guess I should get building! Janey "Red Brick" Micro Display Coordinator (URL) Micro MOC Off!> (URL) BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC> (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Very nice! To connect moonbases together, just use a short Technic axle? (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Here's an approximately stick-fig scale standard for the Moonbase: (URL) includes several different ways to build the connector. Each module should fit on a 16x16 baseplate (or some multiple thereof). --Bram (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest is coming, and so are the robots!

(...) The reason behind that is pretty simple. It's because I've entered many of the challenges. I've seen what other people out there can do, and I'm just lucky they haven't been entering. I was just looking over the rules, and (as usual) John's (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact