 Events / BrickFest / *1103 (-10)
  It was great meeting people at BrickFest!

To all the new faces I met this weekend at BrickFest -- John Barnes, Lindsay Braun, Doug Carlson, Ken & Troy Cefaratti, Tom Cook, Adrian Drake, Frank Filz, Thomas Foote, Roy Gal, Chris Giddens, Felix Greco, Constantine Hannaher, Bob Hayes, Rob (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people) !

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Ok guys, take this to another group -- like .off-topic.debate or something. This part of the thread isn't about BrickFest anymore... --Todd (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) No, you began with a statement that I think was intended to imply quite specifically that I am a whining child. It was also in direct reply to my own post. As it turns out, I don't take offense because I don't even know you nor do I care what (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.general)

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Gzq9tA.E90@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) things we (...) those (...) the (...) they (...) of (...) I think it was in Larry's transcription of the Q&A/Brad's talk that there was mention of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Brad Justus referred to the book, _The Tipping Point_. What if LD's point of view is that the AFOL market is not ready... yet? It was connected to Time's article, and some other book I haven't read. -Erik (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

It was a rhetorical question. Present audience excepted, but if the shoe fits, wear it. I'm sorry I got into this. The thing that gets me angry is whingers who reason like "it's so easy, X must be stupid for not doing it." (example: molding parts.) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

Hey everyone - I didn't take many pictures at Brickfest this weekend, cause I was too busy checking out all the awesome MOCs and chatting with friends old and new. One thing I did take pictures of was Jennifer Clark's amazing Demag crane, with my (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) I think TLC does care *somewhat* about our market segment. After all, they did send 7 people for two days. (...) My sense is that most brand-loyal LEGO fans are willing and able to evangelize LEGO whether we get anything in return or not. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) Oh -- my -- sad! So I totally missed out on seeing the first run of capsules. Did anyone get pictures? In any case, yeah, thank you Kevin! --Todd (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)

  Re: Animation at BrickFest (and Beyond...)

Great post, Greg. And thanks for all the links! Very informative! Now on to my thoughts... At the first Brickfest, I thought the animation was the best part of the whole thing. Sure, I loved the other stuff, but I was excited by Thomas Foote's (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact