 Events / BrickFair / 9
8  |  10
Subject:
BrickFair Announcements - BrickFair Passes An Impressive Milestone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfair
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 23:13:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey all, Just wanted to toot our own horn, I guess. BrickFair has passed the 600th registrant mark.

Frankly, I’m a bit amazed. Even with my participation in BrickFest for all the years it was held in D.C., I never would have anticipated the level of participation we have this year.

So, what do we have this year?

Themes:

GBC - Tom Atkinson is putting together one heck of a Rube Goldberg-esque display.

Castle - Joe Cool has gathered denizens of the forest and the castle walls to delight all.

Steam Punk - Shilo will have everyone steaming!

ApocaLEGO - Carter Baldwin has me hoping to never see the day that dead walk the Earth!~

Space + Moon Base - Dan the Man from BrickBrothers has gathered the Galactic mob and brought them to this world for our viewing pleasure.

Bionicle - Patrick Biggs presents some of the most imaginative anthropomorphic creation yet seen.

MindStorms - Steve Hassenplug will have thrills and chills with MindStorm challenges.

Train and Town - Justin Bentley and Jessica Plewes have coordinated the set up of, not one, not two, but three train layouts/presentations.

Other - Magnus rounds up by loading at least one round in some of the most incredible military equipment that you can imagine - minifig scale, of course.

And Last, (but certainly, not least) Food and Drink - Jenn Wagener is heading up a sumptious feast for the eyes with our primary theme this year.

(Oh, did I mention that Alvin Brandt is brining huge cranes back this year?)

Vendors:

ME Models

BrickArms

Brick Circuits

Bricks W/O Mortar

BrickMania

BrickStreetUSA

The Brick Engraver

BlockStock

Bella Deux

Brick Journal

Lego

Lego Serious Play,

And many, many more.

Discussions/Seminars/Activities:

Playing in Isreal

Brick Journalling

The Bussiness of Custom Molding

Motorizing MOCs

Stop Motion Animation

Animation - Doing It Digital

BrickLink Seller’s Round Table

Creating Achitecture

Landscaping MOCs

Building Steam - Steam Engine Design

Bingo

Dirty Brickster

Dirty Kidster

And so much more, It would take me all night to get through all of it.

Phew....... I’m tired already, and we still have 2 more weeks till the event. I can’t wait to get together with all of you again. See you all soon.

Have Fun!

C-Ya!

Rich

BrickFair, Volunteer Coordinator