 Events / 449
Re: Southern California LUGOLA meeting - August 4th - 1PM in Southern Orange County
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.events, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:01:50 GMT

I got a "maybe" from Sun Yun and a guest from Boston.

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message
The August 4th meeting is getting nearer!

Its going to be Saturday, August 4th at
1PM at our house (in Southern Orange County - Mission Viejo).

This happens to correspond to the time when the PNLT is going to be • showing
off their layout at Lego Land.  If any out-of-towners are going to be • there
for that event and want to join us (we are about 30 minutes north of LL),
then they are more than welcome.  I've already received one RSVP from a • bay
area person.

Note that the time is bit later because we have to go to some pre-baby
preparation activities in the morning.  You will notice that Shelly is a • bit
bigger.  She probably won't be going through the trade fodder like last
time!

***** See New Directions Below !!! *****

So far, the following people have confirmed:

Me (Brad Hamilton) and my wife (Shelly) - A new building and several
modified ones in Bricktopia
Brian Stokes
Dave Johann
Bryce McGlone - Thinks he can finish a new Mech
Clark Stephans
Adrian Egli
Robert Powell - New train and building
Jason Southerland - Bringing a new large building!
Rod Ripley
Eric Bitton
Jimmy Park
The Michons
Scott Costello
Henry Lim
Russell Clark (BAYLUG)
Derek Schin

Please RSVP (to my email) so I can get an idea of head count.

We'll provide the usual chips, dip, and soft drinks.

This is the only time/date that I can host the meeting, so I can't change • it
around this time.

Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.  They are doing road construction so • the
directions are a bit different!!!!

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro • Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from South (San Diego & LEGOLAND)
Go North on the 5 and get off at El Toro road.  (about 1/2 hour north of
LEGOLAND) - Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Turn LEFT at Portola (About 1 block before the toll road.  If you see the
toll road, then you have gone too far!)
Turn RIGHT on Glen Ranch Road
Turn RIGHT at El Toro
Turn LEFT on Wandering Trails
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It • will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn LEFT.
Turn RIGHT on Glen Ranch Road
Turn RIGHT at El Toro
Turn LEFT on Wandering Trails
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

RSVP????
We'd appreciate it if you could let us know whether you expect to make it • or
not.  This will allow us to have adequate supplies of snacks on hand.
Please send email to:
bhamilto1@home.com

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we • ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.