 Events / 213
212  |  214
Subject:
Pirate Wars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:09:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Lego Pirate Wars will be running at the Egyptian Campaign gaming convention
in Carbondale Illinois the weekend of April 14th,15th, and 16th. We usually
use the Pirate Wars rules wrote by Stephen Gabriel. The rules are at
http://gabriel.cncfamily.com/PWars.html. We use the main rules and if time
allows, the optional rules. Doug Mikkelson will probably be in charge this
year but you can contact me by email for updates.

The Egyptian Campaign is mainly a role-playing and miniature event
convention but we usually manage to take over a small corner of the gaming
hall. Although this is not strictly a brick event there are many other games
and dealers to see. Sorry no Lego dealers though.

The convention is located at the Southern Illinois University Student
Center. Directions and other info can be obtained at
http://www.siu.edu/~gamesoc/travel.html. There is an entrance fee to play,
6$/day from morning till midnight. Hotel rooms can usually be found at a
reasonable price ($40-$50/night).

We usually have blast so if you are interested please email me to let me
know if you are coming. Advance info helps in pre-game setup and your
enjoyment.