 Events / 1951
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.events, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Anthony Sava wrote:

No, I refuse to go to Brickfest if it’s no longer a passion of the heart alone. Flame me if you’d like, but its just the way I feel. Christina has worked very hard, as Joe has too, I’m sure (I wasn’t there but I know Joe and he’s a good guy). But hard work or not, I’m not going to be part and parcel to paying them for me to have a place to put up my work. I’m willing to reimburse them for the cost of the space, but that’s as far as I’ll go - I’m not going to fill anyone’s pocket just for the right to attend a hobby event.

What seems strange to me is people with such conviction about this not having asked for the financial details before attending. Seems that’s the best time to find out.

ROSCO

It is no different than our toilets flushing in the opposite direction. We like to pay our money first, then find out what we spent it on. ;)

Jude