 Events / 1941
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.events, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

   Oh, I hadn’t realized that there was a misconception about BrickFest being non-profit. Is that widespread? The solution for that’s pretty simple, more education. I know the info’s on the footer of BrickFest.com, and has been since I started doing the web site in late 2003.

It started out as an event run by a local LUG. I’m not sure when or how the transition happened. The fact that BF was a business has been out there for a while - if you were looking for it. But BF has never felt like a business, what with the calls for volunteers, donations of time and prizes, etc.

The phrase “BrickFest is a Trademark of Brick Events LLC” started showing up on the website by July 19, 2002 at the latest. The Wayback Machine isn’t showing me the results for the beginning of 2002. The 2002 event was the first one to charge registration fees.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations