 Events / 1853
Re: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
To All,

I put this question to the whole community. Would you be interested in attending
a LEGO Fan convention held at the Legoland Park in California?

Being at the park is not a draw for me.  I just spent four days in DC and never
saw the capital.  While a bummer, if I'm going to travel to a fest, most likely
I'll stay at the fest and reserve sight seeing for some other time with my
family.  I'd expect any experience in SoCal would be the same.  I'd rather spend
the time hanging out with fellow enthusiasts rather than wandering around a
theme park.  Now, while I may do both at the same time, it'd still be fans
first, park second.

Now, your input here is essential. What time of the year would you prefer to
have it?

Don't waste too much time on this.  The general answer for out of town folks is
going to be, when is it in relation to BF or NWBC?  And everyone will have a
different answer.  You'll need to come up with a time that works best for you
and the people who are going to help you put it together.  Arrange time as best
you can, but don't kill yourself trying to appease the masses.

What type of convention would you want?
Run a convention that you want to run.

Does it need to carry a recognizeable brand name such as BrickFest or such?
No

How many days would you want it?
A weekend is good.  If you can nab a holiday weekend, that creates a "free" day
for many people.

What types of perks from the park would you like to see?
Lodging, food, brick, shuttle to lodging if park doesn't have any.

I guess I cannot stress enough, if you want to run an event, then run it.  Pick
things that will make you happy to do them.  You burn up too much energy making
others happy and you'll burn out, really fast.

All that said, Good Luck!  And most likely  I'd do my best to get there (it's
only a 20-ish hour drive)

Mark Neumann