 Events / 1850
Re: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 22:14:43 GMT

Great topic Todd and timely too. GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) are
already working on something up here in Portland. There have been so many
requests for another BrickFest PDX that we thought we'd do it again!

So far we've started talking to other west coast clubs, the LEGO Group, and have
agreement with Christina about using BrickFest name again (and her help in
organizing the event). If we can get our bricks in a row with respect to venue
etc. we are targeting an announcement at NW BrickCon Oct 6-8 '06.

Please note these plans are in the early planning stages, and we still have a
lot of preliminary work before broad calls for theme coordinators and the like
are made. But I thought I'd take this oppertunity to "leak" a bit of info.

Hope to see you all at NW BrickCon!!!
<http://www.nwbrickcon.org/metadot/index.pl>

SteveB

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
To All,

I put this question to the whole community. Would you be interested in attending
a LEGO Fan convention held at the Legoland Park in California?

Now, your input here is essential. What time of the year would you prefer to
have it? What type of convention would you want? Does it need to carry a
recognizeable brand name such as BrickFest or such? How many days would you want
it? What types of perks from the park would you like to see?

Use this post as a place to exchange ideas. For those on the west coast unable
to make it north to NorthWest BrickCon or east to BrickFest, what would you like
a southern California convention to be.

The reason I am asking? I do not know, really. Would I offer to organize some
aspect of it or lead it? Would I attend it if it came about? I guess essentially
I would like to attend the Legoland park yet again and enjoy the new rides I
have not experienced since the last BricksWest was held there, and I would like
to attend with a couple hundred other friends.

Sincerely,

Todd